CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Statement by Mr Eren
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he's saving all their funding to give to Crawley!
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To put things into perspective, the ground capacity of Kayseri is---1500. Standard probably not even of Conference South.
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't joking there must be more kudos being the owner of an English leaque club than a lower leaque Turkish club.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
To put things into perspective, the ground capacity of Kayseri is---1500. Standard probably not even of Conference South.

I don't even think you would be allowed in Rymans Prem with that capacity.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have nothing but praise for our owner... and if the season had ended in February I would have said that our manager has been an unqualified success too... I expected us to push on...

...yet somehow we lost our way, the quality of football was on occasions appalling, but more worryingly was the lack of fight and pride... I cannot explain it and it raises more questions than answers... but if I had set the current plan in progress and was now deciding if I should abandon it..(?)

scratch

I would get everyone to together, kick a few arses, pat a few backs and give a strong, unambiguous message that we've started something that we believe in and we will stick together and continue to hold our nerve and see it through..!

And I would personally hand RR&R a ten-inch *beep* and tell him that if he doesn't like the message... he can always go *beep* himself..!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I have nothing but praise for our owner... and if the season had ended in February I would have said that our manager has been an unqualified success too... I expected us to push on...

...yet somehow we lost our way, the quality of football was on occasions appalling, but more worryingly was the lack of fight and pride... I cannot explain it and it raises more questions than answers... but if I had set the current plan in progress and was now deciding if I should abandon it..(?)

scratch

I would get everyone to together, kick a few arses, pat a few backs and give a strong, unambiguous message that we've started something that we believe in and we will stick together and continue to hold our nerve and see it through..!

And I would personally hand RR&R a ten-inch *beep* and tell him that if he doesn't like the message... he can always go *beep* himself..!
nothing like letting hard suffering fans pay the price then try and mop up the *beep* later eh....
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

scratch

nothing like letting hard suffering fans pay the price then try and mop up the *beep* later eh....

Isn't that precisely the rip it up & throw it away cycle that we are always repeating...? Lets show a bit of bottle for once!
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

scratch

Isn't that precisely the rip it up & throw it away cycle that we are always repeating...? Lets show a bit of bottle for once!
easy for sum that maybe havnt suffered as much to say than others. No my head isnt buried in sand. Trouble with the manequin is he has repeatedly shown hw us incapable this season we got progressively WORSE and yet most players retauned adds up to more of his inadequaces next season. Longer you give dummy the worse he gets. FACT!!!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

scratch

easy for sum that maybe havnt suffered as much to say than others. No my head isnt buried in sand. Trouble with the manequin is he has repeatedly shown hw us incapable this season we got progressively WORSE and yet most players retauned adds up to more of his inadequaces next season. Longer you give dummy the worse he gets. FACT!!!

The league table doesn't lie, more points than last season... he did the job.. and I agree it then got worse... some of the things that should have worked - the signing of Cox & Murphy - just didn't click, I'm as unhappy about it as anyone...

...but favour the option of trying to get something that has been shown can work and build on it... rather than starting again from scratch.

I suspect we are not going to agree on the matter and I won't bother wasting bandwidth promoting my view anymore - cos either way it is a gamble and there are no guarantees.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:

scratch

The league table doesn't lie, more points than last season... he did the job.. and I agree it then got worse... some of the things that should have worked - the signing of Cox & Murphy - just didn't click, I'm as unhappy about it as anyone...

...but favour the option of trying to get something that has been shown can work and build on it... rather than starting again from scratch.

I suspect we are not going to agree on the matter and won't bother promoting my view anymore - cos either way it is a gamble and there are no guarantees.
and thats it right from the appointment it was a gamble. Ever watched an academy 'match' they barely tackle in another the dummy has been managing quite a different product of football and is outta his depth at this level. The gamble didnt pay off. Sack him and we are back where we started before we appointed a clown to manage a football team. It the owner thinks dummy is part of his ambitions to play championship football then he too has lost the plot.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read the statement as Eren stating he has put significant sums of money into the club, more than initially envisioned and the downturn in results is not his fault.

I also think some on here are reading too much into it.

Jim Baker
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always a gamble. However on the basis we have got more points, scored more goals and conceded less then I would give DD the benefit of the doubt.

However I'm slightly alarmed that we seem to be retaining most of the squad. IMHO we have 8 or 9 players that are good/fit enough, the rest need moving on.

Let's not forget his loan signings (Beeney and Davey) were both hopeless.

It will be interesting to see the press conference this week, I suspect having increased the budget and then put extra cash in Mr Eren is probably disappointed with our form, certainly since December. Whether he has patience is another thing.

My money would be on some sort of fudged outcome where DD oversees development of the club (including an U23 team) and we bring in a first team coach with some experience at this level.
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD has coached youth players at the highest level. He has now stepped up to managing a team in a tough physical league.
I am sure that he has learnt a lot this season and sure he has made many mistakes but i would expect him to learn from those mistakes.
Continual changing the manager will not help us progress.
Taking a good look at this season, working out what we can do better and getting behind the manager should be the way forward.
I say give him till christmas, then review again.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a positive note Ten said there would be an increased budget next year. Its just whether he trusts Drum my, there must be some decent experienced managers in Turkey who fancy a go Embarassed
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we have Drummy his coaches and 80/90% of this seasons squad we will have a really tough job selling season tickets.DD had the players full time for 55 games (including friendlies)
and we just got worse and worse, yes a few more points and goals but his choice of players and with a bigger budget, he is just not up to the task.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: