CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Carlisle United matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCrawley1 wrote:
Personally thought cox was absolutely useless ... AGAIN!

Agreed that he didn't match the other two, however I felt he seemed fitter and made a nuisance of himself and I view that as a positive from previous languid displays
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Decent game and a spirited draw. Points shared was probably about right. However, the late season entertainment value does not conceal what was another very poor defensive performance. I thought Carlisle looked like they might score at any time.

Blackman is constantly caught in the wrong position and Yorworth (though I think he is a good footballer), has a worrying habit for a central defender of getting in front of his man and being caught out 'on the wrong side' far too often. He is mistake prone, and we will have to consider what his best position might be.

Mathematically safe now, but be under no illusions, we are a poor team and if we continue in the same vein with the same tactics we will do well to avoid relegation next year back to non league, and if so who would bet on us getting back?

It's been a very disappointing season, and I blame the manager. I accept that we don't want to be constantly changing the man in charge, but we have all seen convincing evidence that he is neither tactically nor motivationally capable of taking the team forward.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoyable game but we wasnt great..safe for another year which is a positive but no way can we start next season the same way the last 6 mounths have been or else our crowd figures will be seriously embarrassing. Kaby was our best player again before being subbed( dd seems to like subbing our better performing players) and I think the goal saved Dermott from some serious amount of hostility at the end of he game...he has got to go...water break 10 minuites before end of game due to an injury and all players run to the touch line and he just stands there like a statue, no team talk no motivation at all..usless....hope he does the decent thing and admit that he is not up to it and walks as he will bring this club down...
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do wonder why he takes Kaby off every game. He is the most dynamic midfielder we have yeet always gets pulled. Payne was poor today caught in possession to often. I think there is a decent footballer in Payne but he needs to get fit.

The big question next year for me is whether the players and three or four in particular can commit to getting fitter. A lot of mistakes come from tiredness and lack of fitness. It may be Drum my is to relaxed and its another symptom of the players taking advantage ofhim.

ENzio needs a good shake as well. He has everything in his favour he needs to take players on more . he did well today but far to few good games for his ability.
Phil B
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 51

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goals

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....3-carlisle
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very entertaining game you could of put money Proctor scoring
But it does show our weakness when we get injurys
Thought cox was MOM today run his socks off and Collins has put a few bob on his price
DD is still not my favourite by a long mile and I think he has to Xmas to sort it out but I am not holding my breath!!
Damo
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Goals

Interesting to see Proctor give it the "shush" after his goal. Did he get some stick?.

Nice opener from Collins. I hope he stays around.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A much better performance than of late.

Odd game really. We went 2-0 up despite them having most of the game. Real screamer from Collins for the first. The turning point really when Morris got injured when they scored the first goal.

When Carlisle went ahead I feared for the worst but we held on and took the chance when it came.

Unfortunately any defence containing Blackman, Yorwerth and Mersin is there for the taking and sure enough Blackman did a great impression of a statue for their third.

So that is safety assured, let's hope DD cracks on with the changes needed.

Ps thought Proctor had a decent game. ..I was surprised when they took him off. Shame he never looked that interested at Crawley really.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Proctor is a decent front man . when he was with us he was younger but still could see potential. Very good hold up play, skill full and has a good pass. If he was more prolific he would be a top championship player. He was the best player on the pitch today no doubt.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Lowest crowd of the season . Hardly any home fans behind the goal and east stand empty.

2003 according to the BBC
one touch footie
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really enjoyed the game today...but was surprised to see how substitutions changed the game. When Conns went off & Yorwerth came on, I couldn't believe how fragile we seemed. Josh seems so intent on playing the man & not the game that those lapses in concentration seemed to lead to goals.
I think they took Proctor off before he got sent off...he seemed to be in a few clashes with Young just before. But once Proctor had gone off their game went into decline with no one else holding the ball up for them.
I do like Kaby & his style, but noticed (and this may just be me) that Payne was a peripheral figure in the game until Kaby departed. Whether there was more space for Josh, it seemed to force Payne to play a more involved role where he got on the ball more, kept possession & moved the ball around more.?
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damo wrote:
Phil B wrote:
Goals

Interesting to see Proctor give it the "shush" after his goal. Did he get some stick?.

Guilty yer honour! Embarassed
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brilliant match, full of incident, twists and turns and a last gasp equaliser for the Reds !

I did notice that Dermot was getting a lot of stick from our fans for not being animated on the sideline.

I do agree with some of them that he needs to show more enthusiasm and leadership.

Great first goal from JC.

Mersin looked every uneasy with the ball at his feet, he needs to be replaced in the summer.

All in all a good afternoon out ( and easy to get served in Redz bar ) as they've taken away those metal barriers
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Drummy was the most animated I have seen him all season maybe he reads this forum. I really worry for next season I'm not at all convinced Drummy his coaching staff and most of the players are up to keeping this club in the league next season.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Lowest crowd of the season . Hardly any home fans behind the goal and east stand empty.

2003 according to the BBC

Hats off to those who made the trip from Cumbria (m'lord Cumbria). Maybe we should have got Jimmy Glass along as our guest halftime ex-player..?

I heard Danny Murphy speak on the subject of Managers on the touchline and he said he just wanted them to be calm and demonstrate confidence in the players... I'm not suggesting that they should be like Miss Haversham, but a lot of the dramatics you see nowadays is just for the gallery, it has sod all impact on the players. Hey-ho, Mansfield are next up at home.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: