CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Club Developed Player
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good shout re Bawling but it appears he was not at the club a season before his under 19 year.

He joined in the summer of 2014 which was just before his 19th birthday in September.

Maybe we could invite some of the academy squad back to the club? Louis John played in the conference as did Isaacs and a couple more though what they are doing now I don't know.

There is one playing at Peterborough. I doubt if he would want to drop back to us though.

Jim Baker
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Maybe we could invite some of the academy squad back to the club? Louis John played in the conference as did Isaacs and a couple more though what they are doing now I don't know.

There is one playing at Peterborough. I doubt if he would want to drop back to us though.

Jim Baker

Is there? I didn't realise that?

Louis John is still playing regularly in the Conference for Sutton. Jonte Smith has gone down the leagues a bit though.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Louis John is still playing regularly in the Conference for Sutton. Jonte Smith has gone down the leagues a bit though.

Jonte is at Lewes now isn't he?
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Simon wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Yes. Started the season at Welling, then Cray, now Lewes. Rymans South to L2 would be too big a step.
oakie
First Team
First Team

Topics: 55

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NorthgateRed wrote:
Simon wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Jonte and Alex Malins at Lewes, believe Brad Isaacs has stopped playing. It's Harry Anderson at Peterborough, part of Mark Beards final academy side before closure. Another from that side, Tom Cadman, is I believe with Brighton U21. The likes of Aaron Wickham and Ryan Richefond both playing Ryman I think and Byron Napper, an unused sub at Old Trafford now ply's his trade for Loxwood in the County League.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakie wrote:
NorthgateRed wrote:
Simon wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Jonte and Alex Malins at Lewes, believe Brad Isaacs has stopped playing. It's Harry Anderson at Peterborough, part of Mark Beards final academy side before closure. Another from that side, Tom Cadman, is I believe with Brighton U21. The likes of Aaron Wickham and Ryan Richefond both playing Ryman I think and Byron Napper, an unused sub at Old Trafford now ply's his trade for Loxwood in the County League.

I saw Tom Cadman playing for Worthing yesterday. Also Tommy Brewer playing for Staines a couple of weeks back.

I would have thought of all the players from that era Danny Mills was the best bet. 14 goals this season for a Whitehawk team scrapping against relegation.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Good shout re Bawling but it appears he was not at the club a season before his under 19 year.

He joined in the summer of 2014 which was just before his 19th birthday in September.

That would make his first year his Under 19 year as he would have been under 19 on 1 Sept.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

That would make his first year his Under 19 year as he would have been under 19 on 1 Sept.

Er.. yeah, that's what I said.

We have to have someone in the match day squad who was with the club at least a season before his under 19 season. Hence we need to sign a 17 year old (or possibly 18 depending on where the cut off for the birthday is) this summer.

I don't know why they didn't just say there has to be someone in the squad who was at the club prior to or in their under 18 season. It's easier to read that way.

Jim Baker
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this the answer -

http://www.ctcommunityfoundati.....-education

PS - looks an excellent idea
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:

And what an opportunity to sing the praises of our own Employment and Skills Manager...
Joe Comper
Joe Comper
Nothing can compare to Joe Comper
Cool
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Ian wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Er.. yeah, that's what I said.

We have to have someone in the match day squad who was with the club at least a season before his under 19 season. Hence we need to sign a 17 year old (or possibly 18 depending on where the cut off for the birthday is) this summer.

I don't know why they didn't just say there has to be someone in the squad who was at the club prior to or in their under 18 season. It's easier to read that way.

Jim Baker

I'm with you now thumbleft
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
Maybe this the answer -

http://www.ctcommunityfoundati.....-education

It does seem like the first step towards what is required.

I happen to think an academy is not a sustainable proposition for clubs the size of Crawley, especially with the rules limiting the amount of money we can receive in transfer fees for any kid who shows promise. It will be interesting to see how this develops over time.

Jim Baker
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oldham have taken the matter very seriously...
Oldham Athletic fan, 5, gets goalkeeper trial after goalie's loan spell ends
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just seen that Harry Anderson's contract with Posh is up this season (no I have not actually read it). He has been out on loan with Lincoln this season but is still only twenty years old.

Now he would qualify to be our club developed player but would definitely be good enough to be part of the match day squad.

He hails from Slough. I doubt if he would want to keep travelling to Lincoln for his games so maybe, just maybe we should have a word?

Jim Baker
compsdakeeper
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
backofthenet wrote:

And what an opportunity to sing the praises of our own Employment and Skills Manager...
Joe Comper
Joe Comper
Nothing can compare to Joe Comper
Cool

If only a home grown Employment and Skills Manager counted towards the new restrictions, Thad!

In all seriousness, the Football and Education Academy has come on leaps and bounds, from 6 students to 27 this year and potentially 50 next year. Whilst many of the players are nowhere near the required standard, we are picking up a few that we hope will be worth looking at once they are here training each day. One thing I would say is that Dermot as First Team Manager has taken a keen interest and has played his part in helping it grow, something which no other club I've been apart of has been able to boast about.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: