CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Should Dermot go...?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He should stay - assuming we stay up as looks almost certain.
If we are looking like relegation candidates come mid-December, it may need to be revised in time for a new manager to perform miracles with the transfer window.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
John The Gas
Coach
Coach


Joined: 19 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 Sep 2017
Posts: 1977
Topics: 85
Location: Sunny Horsham

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He signed his players that he deemed to be good enough to compete in the EFL.

Apart from Morris, McNerney, Connolly and Collins the rest are Losers with no winning mentality, and when you see their contracts, we could well be lumbered with those Duds next term which spells a recipe for relegation.

The late Bruce Winfield worked bloody hard to get Crawley Town into the Football League and unless Mr Eren does the deed by sacking Dummy, then, ultimately he will have the record of taking us back to whence we came.

DRUMMY OUT.


JTG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Warren
Coach
Coach


Joined: 22 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 05 Aug 2017
Posts: 2575
Topics: 299
Location: Spain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we lost the next three and end up finishing where we are currently (20th) or lower, then no progress has been made from last season.

I've only been to one game in 2017 (Orient at home) but the football surely hasn't been as dull, dour and turgid as it was under MY's final weeks in charge - has it?

Carlisle, Cambridge and Mansfield all have a chance of getting in the play-offs so I can't see us getting much from these three. Eren will surely have wanted to see progress from last season, especially with the improved budget to work with and pushing the boat out for Collins and Cox in particular.

Got a feeling he'll wield the axe, to be honest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Carlisle, Cambridge and Mansfield all have a chance of getting in the play-offs so I can't see us getting much from these three.

Carlisle's form recently has been worse than ours. Shocked

I'd be very surprised if they made the play-offs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
He signed his players that he deemed to be good enough to compete in the EFL.

Apart from Morris, McNerney, Connolly and Collins the rest are Losers with no winning mentality, and when you see their contracts, we could well be lumbered with those Duds next term which spells a recipe for relegation.

The late Bruce Winfield worked bloody hard to get Crawley Town into the Football League and unless Mr Eren does the deed by sacking Dummy, then, ultimately he will have the record of taking us back to whence we came.

DRUMMY OUT.


JTG


Whilst I had a lot of respect for Bruce, reality is we bought our way into the Football League. The reason we are now where we are is because the money from the cup run ran out, his investors got bored and we are now surviving on Conference level budgets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pedlar
First Team
First Team


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 1257
Topics: 206

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
He signed his players that he deemed to be good enough to compete in the EFL.

Apart from Morris, McNerney, Connolly and Collins the rest are Losers with no winning mentality, and when you see their contracts, we could well be lumbered with those Duds next term which spells a recipe for relegation.

The late Bruce Winfield worked bloody hard to get Crawley Town into the Football League and unless Mr Eren does the deed by sacking Dummy, then, ultimately he will have the record of taking us back to whence we came.

DRUMMY OUT.


JTG


Whilst I had a lot of respect for Bruce, reality is we bought our way into the Football League. The reason we are now where we are is because the money from the cup run ran out, his investors got bored and we are now surviving on Conference level budgets.


The budget is 1 million this season. Same as Stevenage. We have recruited the underperforming players.

Really disappointed with the likes of Jason Banton, Billy Clifford, Andre Blackman and re signing Matt Harrold was a mistake.

Looks like have got away with it this season, this summer is going to be make or break for the club.

No proper training ground doesn't help. Signing a 3 year lease on a training that wasn't good enough when Steve Coppell said the pitches needed hundreds of thousands spent on it to bring up to league standard.

I don't think any player have improved this year. Same players from last year same results.

I thought the Chelsea connection would of been better. Told we went for Chelsea players but was outpriced by other clubs. The loan players brought in disappointed.

I don't know what the owners plans are for next season, let's hope it's better than this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
Simon wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
He signed his players that he deemed to be good enough to compete in the EFL.

Apart from Morris, McNerney, Connolly and Collins the rest are Losers with no winning mentality, and when you see their contracts, we could well be lumbered with those Duds next term which spells a recipe for relegation.

The late Bruce Winfield worked bloody hard to get Crawley Town into the Football League and unless Mr Eren does the deed by sacking Dummy, then, ultimately he will have the record of taking us back to whence we came.

DRUMMY OUT.


JTG


Whilst I had a lot of respect for Bruce, reality is we bought our way into the Football League. The reason we are now where we are is because the money from the cup run ran out, his investors got bored and we are now surviving on Conference level budgets.


The budget is 1 million this season. Same as Stevenage. We have recruited the underperforming players.

Really disappointed with the likes of Jason Banton, Billy Clifford, Andre Blackman and re signing Matt Harrold was a mistake.

Looks like have got away with it this season, this summer is going to be make or break for the club.

No proper training ground doesn't help. Signing a 3 year lease on a training that wasn't good enough when Steve Coppell said the pitches needed hundreds of thousands spent on it to bring up to league standard.

I don't think any player have improved this year. Same players from last year same results.

I thought the Chelsea connection would of been better. Told we went for Chelsea players but was outpriced by other clubs. The loan players brought in disappointed.

I don't know what the owners plans are for next season, let's hope it's better than this season.


It may be the same as Stevenage, but it's still a Conference level budget. In fact there are several clubs in the Conference with bigger budgets than ours - I'd be surprised if we were in the top 92 in the country.

On the training ground. I seem to recall from the BW era that the club was telling us Breezehurst Drive was a facility that Championship Clubs would love to have. Are we training at the Sikh Temple now?

I agree with you though, next year does need to be a lot better. I just don't think that sacking Drummy at this point will make it better. Since Barker was fired we have been through Gregory, Saunders, Yates and now Drummy, same old story each time, eventually you need some stability.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pedlar
First Team
First Team


Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 1257
Topics: 206

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I read somewhere that Forest Green budget is 2.1 million this season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 25 Aug 2010
Last Visit: 20 Jul 2017
Posts: 3235
Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pedlar wrote:
I think I read somewhere that Forest Green budget is 2.1 million this season.
If the money they've paid to agents is anything to go by, something in that region wouldn't surprise me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 10 Nov 2017
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dummy has to go. All this give him time rubbish just ignores the facts he is not capable of managing at this level. Completely out of his depth. Bring back Steve Evans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 10 Mar 2010
Last Visit: 06 Jun 2017
Posts: 636
Topics: 25
Location: North holmwood

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This season has been one of the most boring ever..can't think of many really intense edge of your seat games. I said early on in the season that I wouldn't recommend a friend coming along you watch us play. I stand by that comment.

Getting rid of DD will not change that because on our current budget we will always only just survive in this league. To me there are two possible solutions.

Either we drop down into the conference or Erin trusts DD with a bigger budget and gets the crowds back by playing some decent competitive football.

I for one am not sure how long I can continue to invest 800 a year watching such dull football. It is an entertainment business after all not a religion.


Last edited by srn151161 on Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:

I for one am not sure how long I can continue to invest 800 a year watching such dull football. It is an entertainment business after all not a religion.


Agree with that. One win in 9 home games where we muster the occasional effort on target and waste time when 3-0 up is not going to help with ST sales.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 7740
Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
This season has been one of the most boring ever..can't think of many really intestine edge of your seat games. I said early on in the season that I wouldn't recommend a friend coming along you watch us play. I stand by that comment.

Getting rid of DD will not change that because on our current budget we will always only just survive in this league. To me there are two possible solutions.

Either we drop down into the conference or Erin trusts DD with a bigger budget and gets the crowds back by playing some decent competitive football.

I for one am not sure how long I can continue to invest 800 a year watching such dull football. It is an entertainment business after all not a religion.


It's not entertainment, it's sport.

If you want entertainment then go to the cinema.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
This season has been one of the most boring ever..can't think of many really intestine edge of your seat games.


My gut feeling is that DD should stay.
Don't you just love predictive text Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sulton111
First Team
First Team


Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1557
Topics: 30

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He must surely go

An awful end to the season, he has poor tactical awareness, a lack of clinical substitutions some would say odd substitutions, coupled with a stubbornness to play the same under performing players without trying to shake things up.

Some very poor signings (some excellent ones though) and some dubiously long contracts being given out.

The one thing DD never got his head round was we are not some youth academy ran by Chelski with the odd aging player we are a professional football club were results matter

the wrong type of players were signed for this division.

Anyone who has seen more than 5 or 6 games in L2 will know you need a big strong side that is prepared to get stuck in and do the dirty work add the likes of Cox and Collins to that mix and that makes you an excellent side for this league.

Regrettably we only have 2 or 3 players of this ilk - pretty football doesn't get you up the table in this league (not that we have seen much of that recently)

I don't know what the targets were set out by the management but i would have thought get bums in seats was one of them and at this rate they will lose far more than they gain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit