CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Accrington Stanley matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
How can we really expect to compete with the likes of Accrington with the huge crowds and money they have .....oops.


The money - are you referring to the 1.8m their new owner put in last season? Plus the 200k ground sponsorship deal. Plus the additional cash from a related company for shirt sponsorship?

The 60k for Josh Windass was probably loose change.

All at a time our ex owner had got bored and turned the tap off.


Blimey,why didn't you let DD and the players know the danger they were heading into.After this relevation I'm mighty proud of the boys for managing 1 shot on target.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Only 15 points away from the play offs.

Joking aside, the battle for the play off spots looks like being a real belter

I wonder if Grimsby realistically think they are still in with a shout of the play-offs, being 6 points off in 14th place with 3 games to play?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Another week to wait for next season's ST prices to be revealed (call me an old cynic Wink )
they will hold back all the time the maths say we are not safe plus performances will turn fans away dont be surprisrd if its on days last match or even aftetwards
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Simon
Manager
Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 09 Jul 2017
Posts: 12671
Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Simon wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
How can we really expect to compete with the likes of Accrington with the huge crowds and money they have .....oops.


The money - are you referring to the 1.8m their new owner put in last season? Plus the 200k ground sponsorship deal. Plus the additional cash from a related company for shirt sponsorship?

The 60k for Josh Windass was probably loose change.

All at a time our ex owner had got bored and turned the tap off.


Blimey,why didn't you let DD and the players know the danger they were heading into.After this relevation I'm mighty proud of the boys for managing 1 shot on target.


I'm sure DD knew from their league position.

I was just pointing out that you were talking carp.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Andrew
First Team
First Team


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 02 Sep 2017
Posts: 879
Topics: 33
Location: Pound Hill

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Andrew wrote:
Another week to wait for next season's ST prices to be revealed (call me an old cynic Wink )
they will hold back all the time the maths say we are not safe


The man is a genius Wink Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Only 15 points away from the play offs.

Joking aside, the battle for the play off spots looks like being a real belter

I wonder if Grimsby realistically think they are still in with a shout of the play-offs, being 6 points off in 14th place with 3 games to play?


I very much doubt it but even Wycombe in 13th must feel that they have some sort of chance (2 points off but with a rubbish goal difference). OK, obviously it's not so exciting when your own team isn't involved, but I'll follow it with a detached interest.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
Peter wrote:
I wonder if Grimsby realistically think they are still in with a shout of the play-offs, being 6 points off in 14th place with 3 games to play?

I very much doubt it but even Wycombe in 13th must feel that they have some sort of chance (2 points off but with a rubbish goal difference). OK, obviously it's not so exciting when your own team isn't involved, but I'll follow it with a detached interest.

It was asked very much with my tongue firmly in my cheek. Grimsby are 6 points off the play-offs with 3 to play, we're 7 ahead of Newport with 3 to play.

I guess you can see where this is going? Razz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 20 Aug 2017
Posts: 437
Topics: 10

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't Nigel Farage allude to defeat in the hours ahead of the EU referendum result?

Nothing is certain until it happens, and with so much at stake for our Club the blase approach of some to our predicament disconcerts me. We all want the same outcome here and I, for one, won't be content until it's secured

I am an old worried but the potential loss of our EFL status is still a possibility and the impact of it should not be underestimated
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 12 Sep 2017
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
Didn't Nigel Farage allude to defeat in the hours ahead of the EU referendum result?

Nothing is certain until it happens, and with so much at stake for our Club the blase approach of some to our predicament disconcerts me. We all want the same outcome here and I, for one, won't be content until it's secured

I am an old worried but the potential loss of our EFL status is still a possibility and the impact of it should not be underestimated
look i was thinking can the impossible happen but thats i think understandable given our recent form.and results but rest assured its impossible we wont be going down even if we lost all remaining games others wont all catch us up. Fortunately we are in the luckiest league of all with only two relegated. We may well finish third or fourth from bottom.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
Nothing is certain until it happens, and with so much at stake for our Club the blase approach of some to our predicament disconcerts me. We all want the same outcome here and I, for one, won't be content until it's secured

I am an old worried but the potential loss of our EFL status is still a possibility and the impact of it should not be underestimated

You've seen my post on Facebook showing you how to make 5k to soften the blow if worst case happens.

You'd also have read the highly unlikely series of events that need to occur for it to happen.

Were Newport to get 9 points from their remaining games, which in itself is unlikely, Hartlepool also need to get 7 and Cheltenham a couple. Whilst Cheltenham may well do that Hartlepool have only managed to get 2 from their last 6 games and Newport have to face Accrington next who just happen to be on a run of 15 unbeaten in the league as they try to sneak into the play-offs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 09 Jul 2011
Last Visit: 18 Sep 2017
Posts: 5070
Topics: 103

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Paulc222 wrote:
Peter wrote:
I wonder if Grimsby realistically think they are still in with a shout of the play-offs, being 6 points off in 14th place with 3 games to play?

I very much doubt it but even Wycombe in 13th must feel that they have some sort of chance (2 points off but with a rubbish goal difference). OK, obviously it's not so exciting when your own team isn't involved, but I'll follow it with a detached interest.

It was asked very much with my tongue firmly in my cheek. Grimsby are 6 points off the play-offs with 3 to play, we're 7 ahead of Newport with 3 to play.

I guess you can see where this is going? Razz


I did wonder Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
PEETEE
Reserve team
Reserve team


Joined: 11 Feb 2008
Last Visit: 14 Aug 2017
Posts: 124
Topics: 9
Location: Haywards Heath

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling we will lose our last three games to stay on 49 poiunts. However Cheltenham I think will win one to get 50 points And Hartlepool may win two to get 49 points with a better goal diff than us Leaving Newport needing to win all three which I dont think will happen. Therefore we miss relegation in 22nd place Phew This could all be a load of rubbish and we win one to make us safe on Sat (I hope)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member


Joined: 13 Jan 2008
Last Visit: 19 Aug 2017
Posts: 341
Topics: 45
Location: under the stairs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norfolk enhance
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 15160
Topics: 214
Location: The Parish of Rusper

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:
at present 2 points from 9 would keep us up unless Newport win their 3 and make up a 7 goal deficit


Wouldn't be too hard would it. If we lost three and they won three, that's a minimum 6 goal swing straight off the bat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 17 Sep 2017
Posts: 4964
Topics: 102
Location: Ifield

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
at present 2 points from 9 would keep us up unless Newport win their 3 and make up a 7 goal deficit


Wouldn't be too hard would it. If we lost three and they won three, that's a minimum 6 goal swing straight off the bat.


Although the quote says we drew two games........ so it would be one loss and three wins equals 4 goals swing.

Goals for are nearly the same now, so that could be a factor too.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit