CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Plymouth Argyle matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Hickmott Senior wrote:
Peter wrote:
Hickmott Senior wrote:
For God's sake put your foot through the ball when. Down to 10 men in the dying couple of minutes
Fannying around cost us a point there today
I am absolutely fuming

Too many people blaming Young for their winner. Who gave him the ball in a difficult position? Why didn't they lump it away?

Young is an easy target for his haters. Their winner wasn't his fault.

I am not sure why you are implying that i am blaming Young

Where did I imply that?

Quoting me as if to demonstrate your point does it for me

For what it's worth my anger lies with the pass to Young, which was Payne's doing, I believe
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
For what it's worth my anger lies with the pass to Young, which was Payne's doing, I believe

It was Payne. If he had wanted to get rid he could have lumped it in to the East Stand. Passing it to Young in danger was the wrong decision. And a costly one at that.
rubyred
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see the manager thinks we did well, Unbelievable. With Newport winning again we are only three games apart.

Lose Friday and Newport win at home to Yeovil, my pre season prediction isn't looking far off and we are in a relegation battle. With no Collins as well, things aren't looking good.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Anyone know why DD chucked two strikers on when down to ten men, just out of interest?

Strange really.

Two weeks ago we spent the whole second half wasting time when 3-0 up against the bottom side when we could have gone for the jugular.

This week we are hanging on with 10 men against the second team and decide to put two up front.

1 win from the last 8 home games won't do much for season ticket sales I fear.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
Lose Friday and Newport win at home to Yeovil, my pre season prediction isn't looking far off and we are in a relegation battle. With no Collins as well, things aren't looking good.

You love it when we lose. Shocked

We're safe and I'll happily give you a 50 wager if you're that confident we're still in trouble and will be relegated.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drummy's tactics were bizarre. He leaves on Collins when he was on a yellow card and it was obvious he was absolutely knackered, then he gets sent off for an unfortunate second yellow and Drummy decides to then go for it and put 2 strikers up top Confused

More bizzare than that was the referee having a word with Drummy, I don't think I've ever seen or heard the bloke get angry or aggressive, he's got to be the most laid back manager I can remember us having.

It was a ridiculous loss really, the minimum we should've got was a draw, but that's why we're near the bottom and they're up top, we give away ridiculous goals and can't capitalise when on top.

First half was enjoyable, we played well, second half wasn't it the usual frustrating performance.

Another game atypical of our season.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collins was targeted by the Argyle defenders. They realised that he jumps with his arms wide and so at nearly every challenge they went down clutching their face. The second yellow was on the wrong side from me in the west stand but it was very soft if he did catch him. The refs on here will say the player has a duty of care so he shouldn't jump that way but then will say it's ok for a goalie to jump with his knee in the air. Us forwards need to stick together.

Really good first half where we challenged them in midfield and were winning our share of the battles then, in the second half, we slowed it down and dropped of them and lost all momentum. If it was a change of tactics it didn't work. If it was because we tired we need to do something about it. It did annoy the ref. Hence five minutes of injury time.

Great goal by us. Terrible penalty to give away and their winner was down right awful.

Clifford was shattered when he came of, Cox was stretching his muscles for ten minutes before being subbed. Djalo's substitution was an error!

We lost but it was better than it has been.

Jim Baker
Brackers123
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElTel wrote:
Brackers123 wrote:
Should not have lost that, Collins should have come off a lot earlier. Blackman my MOTM.
Do you mean Collins or Clifford?

Collins? he was on a yellow and kept giving fouls away should have taken him off before the ref did.
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite surprised by our home gate today, 1900 fans? We giving away hundreds of free tickets again or something?
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter we can blame Young as while Payne gave him a ball in crap position. He assumed he was a professional footballer and could clear it. Young distribution in he second half was a joke the amount of time the ball went long and a crawley player was not within 20yards.

Today we played well considering the opposition but managed to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory when they had one shot on target all game. DD is lucky if he gets another season. Why does he sub Kaby every match the guy out performs Smith every time I have seen him play.

The signings this summer will be key. Given are league position we are only 4 players away from being good enough to challenge. That is based on the assumption that some of are attacking midfielders kick on next year
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought that was the best we have played for a while but didnt create much and was still pretty poor. Seemed we ran out of ideas in 2nd half and just before the penalty there seemed to be a succession of long balls played out our half straight to there keeper..
Not sure about sending off, if he hadnt done a similar thing 5 minuites before he would have got away with it...
shocking substitution, took off the best player on the park at the time and not only that he left the two wingers on and both still out wide, bizarre.
Enzio was awful and needs to be dropped.
Anyway not to downhearted as have allready given up on this season and not to bothered now if we do get relegated as it would hopefully mean end of drummy and would bring back some degree of competitive and enjoyable football.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Anyone know why DD chucked two strikers on when down to ten men, just out of interest?
he us clueless shouldve sub'd collins earlier as on a card. Once again sat back poor managerment invited their late winner. Players didnt deserve the dummy manager today they raided their game and two mins before our goal we played best football all season. Bradley is a donkey their number three a cheat. Ref was weak utterly useless and contender for worst in professional football. Blackman played out his skin. Cox finally scored and Collins looked knackered second half. Plymouth fan in west stand jumped up cheered the winner and was met with verbal and hand gestures. Club must start acting against ground regulation breakers. Couldve got nasty. As for ref having word with the manequin totally unnecessay *beep* he says *beep* all and is a statue. Ref was pathetic.
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Warren wrote:
Plymouth fan in west stand jumped up cheered the winner and was met with verbal and hand gestures. Club must start acting against ground regulation breakers. Couldve got nasty.

Can't disagree with this. The bloke was jumping up and cheering, even after being confronted. The fella behind him had words. But we never seem to see stewards in blocks A, B and C of the West Stand, not stationed there anyway. Given the emotions if could have kicked off, I agree.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the club will be losing some serious money next season when plymouth and Portsmouth get promoted.Its got to be 60,000 plus these two throw our way.
Michael
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 7

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
rubyred wrote:

You love it when we lose. Shocked

We're safe and I'll happily give you a 50 wager if you're that confident we're still in trouble and will be relegated.

Come on Ruby put your money where your mouth is!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: