CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

pay at the turnstiles.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The way the world is going, I'm surprised we don't have to stand in front of some machine and sort it out ourselves. Hell, we'll probably end up having to use a tea and burnt burger machine too.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paulc222 wrote:
The way the world is going, I'm surprised we don't have to stand in front of some machine and sort it out ourselves. Hell, we'll probably end up having to use a tea and burnt burger machine too.
west stand tea 'hut' was at least open to reduce BW tea 'hut' queue
theglenmen
First Team
First Team

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shouldn't they just have a 'contactless' card machine attached to the turnstile and remove the ticket element altogether.... Wink
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
daz wrote:
I know, but why?
Why make people queue to buy a ticket and then queue to get in, when 2 weeks ago you could just hand over your cash and get in..

I take it you did read it?

Quote:
Explaining the change, Operations Director Kelly Derham said: ďAdministering cash turnstiles takes a lot of work and this season shows on average only 7% of our admissions are through the cash turnstiles.

Same article was printed verbatim in the paper version of the Crawley Observer, complete with 'click here' Laughing Laughing Jesus, they're shoddy!
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

theglenmen wrote:
Shouldn't they just have a 'contactless' card machine attached to the turnstile and remove the ticket element altogether.... Wink

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

What ever next will you post ? You'll be suggesting somebody invents the wheel and electricity !!!!!
Captain Caveman
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is definitely an own goal by the club. I was running late last night and joined one of two sizeable queues just after 7.30. Having now seen last nights attendance, I would suggest there was more than 7% of the crowd in those queues. Add on those who had already queued and paid cash and I'm certain it would have been a much higher number than the 7% quoted in the article that chose to pay cash on the night.

This will put off casual supporters, and we need more of them! Then, as pointed out in this thread, there's the losses caused by missed revenue opportunities as punters don't buy that extra drink in Reds or stop for something to eat on their way to the terrace.

I agree that the club is doing much better off the pitch (and on it despite the last three home games!) and I don't like to be critical, but this is a bad call.

Bring back cash only turnstiles!!!
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know there were problems at the Exeter match but having staff running up and down the queue selling tickets for cash was not an edifiing exhibition.

The correct thing to do but, I would suggest, not a thing the club would like to repeat.

Jim Baker
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
I know there were problems at the Exeter match but having staff running up and down the queue selling tickets for cash was not an edifiing exhibitionr.

I would applaud them for trying to apply a positive solution... but if they can pre-print the ticket in this instance... it raises the question why this cannot be extended and sales outlets increased..?

scratch

All of which sounds very like the previous model of sales at the turnstiles... I'd amplify the point about lost commercial opportunities with lost goodwill too... which in time can translate into the same thing or even lost fans...!
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask Phil T about the huts selling the tickets.

I gather that when he came along to Redz the queue from the ticket hut stretched straight across the road to the wall of the stadium opposite so he couldn't easily get to Redz. Apparently he remarked about using common sense and to queue along the road rather than across the road.

I gather that he met with a torrent of abuse for pointing out the Ministry of the bleeding obvious.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

notso wrote:
I gather that he met with a torrent of abuse...

Well... at least he is used to that Very Happy
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely just one cash turnstile is workable???
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complete shambles today, turned up at 2.40 and got in ground at 3.10...... no more than 15 people in front of me when arrived but still takes so long it was embarrassing... dont know whether he posts on here but martin who has been going longer than me ( 35+) gave up and walked away......sent to the turnstilles to pay cash eventually but then sent back to the queue!!!!!!!! As didnt have correct change...absolute joke.....and 5 hours later still makeing my blood boil as so unnecessary.....
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Complete shambles today, turned up at 2.40 and got in ground at 3.10...... no more than 15 people in front of me when arrived but still takes so long it was embarrassing....

I turned up just after 2.50pm and saw the queue out of the door at the ticket office and knew then that some wouldn't make kick-off.

Thankfully I've got a season ticket, or I might have given up too had I needed to queue for a ticket.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surely the cash only beech hut nr reds help reduce queues?
one touch footie
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did hear the staff in the ticket office complaining about the speed of the system they use becoming increasingly slower. I can concur that after making payment it did seem to take a while for my ticket to print...so repeat that a few times and you've then got a long queue.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: