CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Grimsby Town matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Red Army
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Started absolutely diabolically in much the same vein as Tuesday. Second half we burst into life and could have snatched it quite easily in the last 20 minutes. Yet again I must admit to bring perplexed as to why Drummy took Kaby off, can't understand why he is always the first player to be subbed or dropped as he seems to run the show every time I've seen him play, today being no different.

Still as others have said it's a half decent point, unbeaten in four on the trot away from home now?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
thad wrote:
s.Anyone who went there after Tuesday deserves a medal.

notworthy

You can present it to me at the next home game Wink

It's the players that owe you it Phil, for showing continued faith in them.
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, happy with the point but having got the equaliser in the last minute of the first half i was surprised by our sitting back tactics in the second half. Then after the sending off we had 10-15mins of being in the ascendancy, with Kaby pulling the strings (including THAT miss by Smith). So Dermot takes him off and puts Harrold on for the last 5-10mins, no problem with putting on the extra forward but so much easier for the oppo (with 10 men) to defend the long ball straight into the box, hence no chances Crying or Very sad
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil B wrote:
Goals

http://www.skysports.com/watch.....-1-crawley

Interesting that the player walking off after the sending off takes up more time than the two goals being scored Sad
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the first time this season, DD changed tactics when the Grimsby centre back was sent off and decided to go for the win with THREE strikers - and it very nearly paid off.

What the Coaching staff really need to do is to teach Young to take a throw in. Yet again, he conceded a foul throw !! You don't often see that in Sunday morning football !!

JTG
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great highlights, you can't beat the thrill of watching a player in a stripey shirt ambling off the pitch

Well done to the players, at least they showed some character after the debacle of tuesday, that and more is needed for the remainder of the season if it's to be Newport and Orient that go down, CTFC should take nothing for granted just yet
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
What the Coaching staff really need to do is to teach Young to take a throw in. Yet again, he conceded a foul throw !! You don't often see that in Sunday morning football !!

JTG

A Young foul throw and a Yorwerth error for a goal are really certs these days, I'm afraid.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

A Young foul throw and a Yorwerth error for a goal are really certs these days, I'm afraid.
Almost all of the goals Yorwerth is at fault for are a result of him charging out of position and leaving a gap behind. Surely the coaches have picked up on this and are teaching him to be more disciplined and stick to his flipping position. I know he's young, but he keeps making the same mistakes again and again. More experienced defenders like McNerney should be pointing this out to him and coaching him through games.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex; Yorwerth rushes out to make a challenge but so does Connolly. We criticise one but praise the other for his commitment. dontknow

Simon wrote: I'm afraid.

Don't worry Simon we'll take care of you. angel12

Jim Baker
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex BH wrote:
Simon wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

Almost all of the goals Yorwerth is at fault for are a result of him charging out of position and leaving a gap behind. Surely the coaches have picked up on this and are teaching him to be more disciplined and stick to his flipping position. I know he's young, but he keeps making the same mistakes again and again. More experienced defenders like McNerney should be pointing this out to him and coaching him through games.
since the great Steve Evans and co. Departed weve not had any decent coaching or scouting at the club. The coaching this season has been very short of acceptable and thats putting it politely.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Alex; Yorwerth rushes out to make a challenge but so does Connolly. We criticise one but praise the other for his commitment. dontknow

Jim Baker

I'm not talking about the rushing out. I'm talking about the poor control which saw the ball go straight to the forward who passed it straight into the net.

Or the misplaced pass against Crewe which saw the forward go straight through and score.

Nothing to do with "commitment". Only competence. Although as you mention it Josh has the same number of bookings in less than half the games.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
I'll always take a point at Grimsby, sounds like we competed well which is good news.

Anyone who went there after Tuesday deserves a medal.

notworthy

I went, but I didn't go Tuesday so I guess I don't get the award.

Stopped off at York Street on the way up as we were driving right past it. The one person that we saw (it was only about 7:45), on learning where we were headed and why, suggested we don't mention Mr Evans round them parts Laughing
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
I went, but I didn't go Tuesday so I guess I don't get the award.

No - but you definitely showed good judgement.

It is best not to mention Evan's name anywhere in Lincolnshire.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

I'm not talking about the rushing out. I'm talking about the poor control which saw the ball go straight to the forward who passed it straight into the net.

Or the misplaced pass against Crewe which saw the forward go straight through and score.

Nothing to do with "commitment". Only competence. Although as you mention it Josh has the same number of bookings in less than half the games.

Simon

The rushing out was in response to what Alex BH said not your message but I'm sorry I couldn't resist the silly little joke about being afraid. I'll get my coat.

I actually do agree that Yorwerth has become accident prone and that it is annoying but he is still young for a centre half and older heads should be teaching him the right way to play in a given situation. Most fans will not complain about an occasional row z ball but we all moan about a stray pass.

Jim Baker
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
Jim, I've criticized Connolly this season and so have others at times, I don't think he's covered himself in glory this season, I thought getting him was a real coup as I had mostly positive memories of his last time at the club (probably clouded us being higher up the football pyramid) but, he's been a very average and his mistakes have cost us several goals this season. Young has improved this season and McNerney generally does well when he plays, but the defence has been mostly poor this season.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: