CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crewe Alexandra matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was my first match of the season. A friend gave me a spare ticket. I still think I deserve a refund.

The most notable thing for me was the contrasting behaviour of the managers. The Crewe manager spent 90 minutes encouraging and coaching. I'm not even convinced that the Crawley manager was awake. I'm not one who believes that the only way to coach is to shout, but if ever a side needed directing and encouraging it was that one.

Is he always that disengaged?
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Against all my judgement I went out of habit and regretted almost every minute.

And there was me praising you for being the only person hereabouts with any sense... ! Rolling Eyes
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to say it was a gutless performance against a team below us in front of a crowd which is rapidly shrinking.

Really the only surprise is it was only 4, they missed several chances including a complete sitter first half, ours was all long range stuff until we hit the bar in injury time.

I presume the MoM was sponsored by the Institute for the Blind, as Josh 'mistake-a-game' Yorwerth was as bad as everyone else.

I hope DD can turn it around, a year ago when he joined we were getting stuffed every home game and a year on it seems to be same old, same old.

Fortunately Orient also got thumped so the gap remains the same with another game gone, we won't go down but it isn't great.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I've chosen a good season to mostly go to away games!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Really the only surprise is it was only 4....

And there's me thinking it was only 3... but you are right about everything else Simon. We made Crewe look like Bayern Munich.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lochislair wrote:
That was my first match of the season. A friend gave me a spare ticket. I still think I deserve a refund.

The most notable thing for me was the contrasting behaviour of the managers. The Crewe manager spent 90 minutes encouraging and coaching. I'm not even convinced that the Crawley manager was awake. I'm not one who believes that the only way to coach is to shout, but if ever a side needed directing and encouraging it was that one.

Is he always that disengaged?
is he/she still your friend after that? DD is practising to be the first live dummy at Madame Two swords.
Broadfield Dave
First Team
First Team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a shambles. Poor in the first half and despite the questionable award of the penalty, deserved to be a goal down. Hoped that second half would see a better performance, but it was akin to that dog who faceplanted at Crufts. One of the worst teams in the league carving us open like a hot knife through *beep*. Utterly appalling from the players and manager. The crowds are deservedly dwindling. The club are giving no reason for people to come back. The 'style' of football that Drummy promised has never appeared. We're not playing a particular style of football, it's just bad football.

I don't care how small the budget has been. There was still no need to offer contracts to some of the frauds we've had at the club and given numerous appearances to this season.

Was willing to give Drummy a go but I'm afraid my patience has run out. It's been nearly a year and the experiment hasn't worked. We're worse now than we were when he arrived. Let's get a competent manager in rather than a novice who has no idea how adult football works.

Just not Westley.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

More *beep* post match from DD (or Drummy the dummy as i heard one fan refer to him) "i asked the players to look at themselves i have with selections"... all you keep doing is shuffling the pack DD....."its a journey" say DD well you forgot to add ...."backwards!" And the most Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil is no apology to the paying public. For that DD you have insulted fans of this great club. Arrogance is only half of it.
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First up, we started the night 12 points clear of relegation, we ended the night 12 points clear of relegation. Some people need to get a grip.

Secondly, what was worse than the inept performance on the pitch? It was the constant barrage of abuse that some people choose to give players throughout the game - and this was before we'd even conceded. You claim to be a supporter - support.

I can't defend the team on here though, it was really bad. Some players are clearly not up to the job at this level. Lelan is just going to have to accept he's not a League footballer. I also can't defend some of DD's decisions. Arguably the two players that at least add a bit of spark to the side - Kaby and Bawling remained on the bench - but Payne and Henderson somehow were on the pitch together.

I also don't know why we're not playing 3-5-2. Centre backs is clearly our strongest department and when Yorwerth came on he really made his presence known.

A poor night out. Roll on next season but at least support the team in the meantime.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
First up, we started the night 12 points clear of relegation, we ended the night 12 points clear of relegation. Some people need to get a grip.

Secondly, what was worse than the inept performance on the pitch? It was the constant barrage of abuse that some people choose to give players throughout the game - and this was before we'd even conceded. You claim to be a supporter - support.

I can't defend the team on here though, it was really bad. Some players are clearly not up to the job at this level. Lelan is just going to have to accept he's not a League footballer. I also can't defend some of DD's decisions. Arguably the two players that at least add a bit of spark to the side - Kaby and Bawling remained on the bench - but Payne and Henderson somehow were on the pitch together.

I also don't know why we're not playing 3-5-2. Centre backs is clearly our strongest department and when Yorwerth came on he really made his presence known.

A poor night out. Roll on next season but at least support the team in the meantime.
abusing the players isnt er cricket Wink and im not defending it but can also understand the frustrations watching Crawley. Smith is no leader as an example. Ironically you say roll on next season...nothing to support for remainder of this season? Well at least theres the big one left....sx snr cup final.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Could someone put a message in the home changing room

THE SEASON HAS NOT FINISHED YET

would be a polite way of putting it
it has now IMPOSSIBLE for us to go down. Play offs not happening. Really DD has failed. Team.has under performed and the fun of watching is being regularly squeezed out of supporters at the Library Broadfield.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
TownMeadLeftover wrote:
Could someone put a message in the home changing room

THE SEASON HAS NOT FINISHED YET

would be a polite way of putting it
it has now IMPOSSIBLE for us to go down. Play offs not happening. Really DD has failed. Team.has under performed and the fun of watching is being regularly squeezed out of supporters at the Library Broadfield.

That's it for me, it just isn't fun being at CTFC currently. It's not purely the results but more the dreadful football that saps the life out of you. It is utter rubbish

I fear that the undoubted progress off the pitch will be undermined by the rubbish on it

I don't intend to return 'til next season and I'm sure I'm not alone. Let's just hope that's in L2. Thank you God for blessing this league with Newport and Orient
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The games against Orient, Newport and Cheltenham are becoming massive.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several people on here who have been quite abusive towards fans who have dared criticise the new regime. Can they please come on here now and tell me the positives out of that shambolic performance.

We were truelly awful in every department. If staying up was Dermots objective for keeping his job then he has done a great job but the entertainment value this season has been atrocious and despite several quirky marketing gimmicks the fans are voting with their feet.

In a way I hope we get sucked into a relegation battle as it might keep the fans interested. I can see us playing in front of less than a thousand if there is nothing to play for..
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Worse game of the season. We do not need many more points to be safe. The players surprise me in that they need to play for contracts you would assume. As said every week in the crowd Young his brother must pay his wages. Not fair to pick on him but what is DD doing his make shift right back playing on the left. So we can have what at right back exactly I wince everytime Leyan gets the ball.

What is really telling is when we get a throw on and none of the Crawley players want the ball. The desire by Crewe was the difference. Jimmy Smith
Was on holiday no leadership. But then young becomes captain as some how his been here the longest? What leadership was he offering obviously DD likes the silent type man in his own image. I think DD must be conflict avoidance type of guy hence the player do not want to tackle. Just look at Kabi breaks up play really well but can't get a game.

We try and play football all the time which results in the ball going to the keeper and then long ball upfield and do we win the first or second ball?

He needs to go on a run to keep his job in my view
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: