CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |


Match day prices next season
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
theglenmen
First Team
First Team


Joined: 27 Oct 2010
Last Visit: 12 May 2017
Posts: 1199
Topics: 81
Location: Bradford

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMO Match day prices up slightly but season tickets reduced - try and get people signed on early and through the door every week.

Bradford are doing their early bird season tickets at 149 and have already sold over 3k in less than 2 weeks.

Rather have 3k season tickets sold at 150 than 800 at 350 and then relying on results to boost the crowd. But needs a good incentive for people to get on board and buy early.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2018
Posts: 11231
Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

theglenmen wrote:
IMO Match day prices up slightly but season tickets reduced - try and get people signed on early and through the door every week.

Bradford are doing their early bird season tickets at 149 and have already sold over 3k in less than 2 weeks.

Rather have 3k season tickets sold at 150 than 800 at 350 and then relying on results to boost the crowd. But needs a good incentive for people to get on board and buy early.
Season ticket reduction sounds good idea
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football


Joined: 18 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 26 May 2017
Posts: 16179
Topics: 639

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Season ticket reduction sounds good idea

That is penalising us decent fans who pay on the gate... Palace ticket stub... Forest friendly... blah.. blah.. etc... Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager


Joined: 17 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 10 Aug 2017
Posts: 7740
Topics: 332

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Season ticket reduction sounds good idea

That is penalising us decent fans who pay on the gate... Palace ticket stub... Forest friendly... blah.. blah.. etc... Wink


I still have my Palace stub.

When are we going to get the benefit for that promotion...?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
I still have my Palace stub.

When are we going to get the benefit for that promotion...?

We already have. You must have been away if you missed out.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Sulton111
First Team
First Team


Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1557
Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barnet home seating tickets were 19 away fans we paid 23

So i think we need to charge the away fans more certainly not home fans

as i have said before categorize games

the like of Pompey cat A so up the price the away fans pay by 3 or similar
Cat B games up the price by 1-2
Cat C games leave the price the same

if we had upped the price by 3 for away fans (and thats still cheap compared to some) when Pompey came down that's a cool 6900 in added revenue and they could have brought down many many more
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 19 Jul 2014
Last Visit: 17 May 2017
Posts: 54
Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Barnet home seating tickets were 19 away fans we paid 23

So i think we need to charge the away fans more certainly not home fans

as i have said before categorize games

the like of Pompey cat A so up the price the away fans pay by 3 or similar
Cat B games up the price by 1-2
Cat C games leave the price the same

if we had upped the price by 3 for away fans (and thats still cheap compared to some) when Pompey came down that's a cool 6900 in added revenue and they could have brought down many many more


I hate categorisation in football. Certain premier league fan groups have worked really hard to get rid of this, at their clubs.

I realise your point, isn't aimed at us, as home fans paying more, but 'bigger' clubs shouldn't be punished because they are simply 'bigger'.

We're all playing in the same league, home and away. Therefore we are all as big as one another, hence why prices, whatever they are should be consistent throughout the season.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sulton111
First Team
First Team


Joined: 30 Jan 2012
Last Visit: 15 Jul 2017
Posts: 1557
Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomasfrances1 wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Barnet home seating tickets were 19 away fans we paid 23

So i think we need to charge the away fans more certainly not home fans

as i have said before categorize games

the like of Pompey cat A so up the price the away fans pay by 3 or similar
Cat B games up the price by 1-2
Cat C games leave the price the same

if we had upped the price by 3 for away fans (and thats still cheap compared to some) when Pompey came down that's a cool 6900 in added revenue and they could have brought down many many more


I hate categorisation in football. Certain premier league fan groups have worked really hard to get rid of this, at their clubs.

I realise your point, isn't aimed at us, as home fans paying more, but 'bigger' clubs shouldn't be punished because they are simply 'bigger'.

We're all playing in the same league, home and away. Therefore we are all as big as one another, hence why prices, whatever they are should be consistent throughout the season.


they weren't at Barnet as the latest example of this being used, however i know not all clubs use this idea Carlisle certainly don't

its all a supply and demand issue where Demand out ways supply the price goes up, it may not sit comfortably with some but why should the club make some extra cash from team bringing over 2000 fans down

afterall if we want quality players the money has to come from somewhere
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 19 Jul 2014
Last Visit: 17 May 2017
Posts: 54
Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Thomasfrances1 wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Barnet home seating tickets were 19 away fans we paid 23

So i think we need to charge the away fans more certainly not home fans

as i have said before categorize games

the like of Pompey cat A so up the price the away fans pay by 3 or similar
Cat B games up the price by 1-2
Cat C games leave the price the same

if we had upped the price by 3 for away fans (and thats still cheap compared to some) when Pompey came down that's a cool 6900 in added revenue and they could have brought down many many more


I hate categorisation in football. Certain premier league fan groups have worked really hard to get rid of this, at their clubs.

I realise your point, isn't aimed at us, as home fans paying more, but 'bigger' clubs shouldn't be punished because they are simply 'bigger'.

We're all playing in the same league, home and away. Therefore we are all as big as one another, hence why prices, whatever they are should be consistent throughout the season.


they weren't at Barnet as the latest example of this being used, however i know not all clubs use this idea Carlisle certainly don't

its all a supply and demand issue where Demand out ways supply the price goes up, it may not sit comfortably with some but why should the club make some extra cash from team bringing over 2000 fans down

afterall if we want quality players the money has to come from somewhere


It does indeed, that I agree with. It doesn't sit right with me that other fans, because of who they support have to pay more. That isn't their fault, and they shouldn't be 'punished' for it.

I won't ever agree with it.

Money and attendances are always going to be an issue it seems, which is why it's vital, in my opinion that we have continuity and stabilisation within this division for the foreseeable future. Better marketing, although started this season will always take time to have an impact and I sense it's a conversation for another day.

In terms of prices for next season, I'm happy to pay 20. I sit in the east stand and currently pay 18 a game, plus a pound for my son. If they increased this to 21 next season, it wouldn't put me off.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lee 66
Coach
Coach


Joined: 13 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 23 May 2017
Posts: 2358
Topics: 104

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If someone brings their son/daughter to a match and pays a quid for them to get in they don't mind paying 16 or 20 for themselves because its really like paying 8.50 or 10 each.

I'd like to see a system where fans can buy a season ticket that entitles you to discounted match day prices.

For example you'd pay 75 for a season ticket and this would enable you to enter the stadium for say 5 , 6 or 7.per match.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Barnet home seating tickets were 19 away fans we paid 23

So i think we need to charge the away fans more certainly not home fans

as i have said before categorize games

the like of Pompey cat A so up the price the away fans pay by 3 or similar
Cat B games up the price by 1-2
Cat C games leave the price the same

if we had upped the price by 3 for away fans (and thats still cheap compared to some) when Pompey came down that's a cool 6900 in added revenue and they could have brought down many many more


So it was 19 to sit along the touch line and it was 23 to sit behind the goal??
That is a *beep* take.
Had I gone, I would have paid the 19 then got myself moved behind the goal.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
Barnet home seating tickets were 19 away fans we paid 23

19 was their family section. The rest was 25.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Peter
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 16 Dec 2006
Last Visit: 11 Jun 2017
Posts: 13258
Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomasfrances1 wrote:
It doesn't sit right with me that other fans, because of who they support have to pay more. That isn't their fault, and they shouldn't be 'punished' for it.

I don't see why not.

Who pays for the extra costs involved in hosting a game of 2300 away fans, compared to a game with 200 away fans?

Should the club factor in the increased away support of some teams and thus charge more for all away fans to compensate for those with less support?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager


Joined: 07 Jan 2007
Last Visit: 30 May 2017
Posts: 5728
Topics: 63
Location: DFS

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomasfrances1 wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Thomasfrances1 wrote:
Sulton111 wrote:
Barnet home seating tickets were 19 away fans we paid 23

So i think we need to charge the away fans more certainly not home fans

as i have said before categorize games

the like of Pompey cat A so up the price the away fans pay by 3 or similar
Cat B games up the price by 1-2
Cat C games leave the price the same

if we had upped the price by 3 for away fans (and thats still cheap compared to some) when Pompey came down that's a cool 6900 in added revenue and they could have brought down many many more


I hate categorisation in football. Certain premier league fan groups have worked really hard to get rid of this, at their clubs.

I realise your point, isn't aimed at us, as home fans paying more, but 'bigger' clubs shouldn't be punished because they are simply 'bigger'.

We're all playing in the same league, home and away. Therefore we are all as big as one another, hence why prices, whatever they are should be consistent throughout the season.


they weren't at Barnet as the latest example of this being used, however i know not all clubs use this idea Carlisle certainly don't

its all a supply and demand issue where Demand out ways supply the price goes up, it may not sit comfortably with some but why should the club make some extra cash from team bringing over 2000 fans down

afterall if we want quality players the money has to come from somewhere


It does indeed, that I agree with. It doesn't sit right with me that other fans, because of who they support have to pay more. That isn't their fault, and they shouldn't be 'punished' for it.

I won't ever agree with it.

Money and attendances are always going to be an issue it seems, which is why it's vital, in my opinion that we have continuity and stabilisation within this division for the foreseeable future. Better marketing, although started this season will always take time to have an impact and I sense it's a conversation for another day.

In terms of prices for next season, I'm happy to pay 20. I sit in the east stand and currently pay 18 a game, plus a pound for my son. If they increased this to 21 next season, it wouldn't put me off.


I'm currently paying 17 to sit in the east stand with my son!!!

Ask for one adult one child family ticket and it's cheaper than an adult ticket on its own!!!
It's a fantastic deal but you have to state the family offer!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team


Joined: 19 Jul 2014
Last Visit: 17 May 2017
Posts: 54
Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Thomasfrances1 wrote:
It doesn't sit right with me that other fans, because of who they support have to pay more. That isn't their fault, and they shouldn't be 'punished' for it.

I don't see why not.

Who pays for the extra costs involved in hosting a game of 2300 away fans, compared to a game with 200 away fans?

Should the club factor in the increased away support of some teams and thus charge more for all away fans to compensate for those with less support?


Charging away fans more is fine, I've got no issue with that. I just don't think different sets of fans should pay a different price, for what is essentially the same experience, watching their team in the same area of an away ground?

What are they getting that is different? How is their experience improved, to justify a price increase?

Clubs should set their whole pricing structure accordingly so hosting any game is affordable and doesn't create a problem. Does the increased income of hosting these big games, through attendances, food, and anything else not compensate for the extra outgoings in hosting?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You cannot post calendar events in this forum






This forum is run independently from and has no connection with the Crawley Town Football Club official site
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group :: Spelling by SpellingCow.


  Username:    Password:      Log me on automatically each visit