CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Portsmouth matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is certain people on here mask support with blind refusal to see the facts.

In the last five home games we have shown little or no team pattern, skill or frankly in large parts an application or inclination to win.

Against this we constantly here the stuff from DD about a football philosophy and work in progress. There is scant evidence of either.

No one suggests we are able to compete with Portsmouth but the team takes the field with such a negative approach there is only one outcome. The Donny game the same 9/10 times we lose that 3. -0 only Morris and terrible finishing saved us.

Morcombe Exeter and Stevenage it was more of the same out enthused out fought second to every ball and frankly no team pattern.

We are not fit enough either if Cox Payne and a few others had any respect for the club they would get themselves in shape its eembarrassing watching them toddle around with the game by passing them.
Mr.T.
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:
Reasonably enjoyable game tonight..The last three games show how far we have to go before we can seriously compete in this league. I can't see half the team surviving if the play offs are the target next season..

Great support from the pompey fans..how they are a division 2 team God only knows..

They are in league 2 because they cheated on the financial side of the game.
By the way the Pompey fans must be the chaviest nuckle dragging bunch of meatheads we have EVER had at our place .
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
We were beaten by a better side with resources we can only dream of.

This (and as mentioned by others).

Whilst Enzio was quiet, their left back was good. And he was not their only player who was good either. Again we were effectively closed down by a good well organised team.

We should have had two goals. Collins's free header from a corner and the attempt where Collins selfishly* hung onto the ball rather than square to Smith.

We had a few other chances too. Billy Clifford's shot, the one Murphy blazed over, there were some crosses from Enzio we could have got on the end of.........

So it was not all doom and despondency.

*I am not against strikers having a selfish streak - but they must recognise when teammates are in a better position.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.T. wrote:
srn151161 wrote:
Reasonably enjoyable game tonight..The last three games show how far we have to go before we can seriously compete in this league. I can't see half the team surviving if the play offs are the target next season..

Great support from the pompey fans..how they are a division 2 team God only knows..

By the way the Pompey fans must be the chaviest nuckle dragging bunch of meatheads we have EVER had at our place .

I didn't go to the Newport game either Smile
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobson isn't our most accomplished player, but his arrival last night gave us ENERGY, introducing a higher tempo and suddenly we looked a more serious threat because the opposition couldn't stroll back into their defencive formation... and that is our problem, our build-up is too slow and predictable.

Our best attacking moment was when Collins did all the work himself and showed that Pompey weren't too clever when you ran at them, but we simply didn't sustain pressure enough to really frighten them.

Crawley69 - I'm going to stick with it in the hope (not belief) that we will improve. I'm not going to pillory anyone for not attending because they are bored by it... likely I'm being foolishly optimistic, but still involved enough to want to be there. But it is not a refusal to see the facts, more a cussed determination to see my team prove you wrong.. we'll know at the end of the season, but I reckon you will miss it more than you realise.
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The comments by some about the team's fitness are interesting. One of our many deficiencies this season has been a general lack of a our ability to win what is called the 'second ball'. Most sides seem much more adept at securing possession from headed clearances and the like. Maybe its partly because, team for team, we are not as sharp mentally and physically as most of our opponents?

I did not witness any trouble with away fans last night and spoke to several who seemed to be really good committed, football people. I thought their support was truly amazing especially for a re-arranged midweek game.
ElTel
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watching the last few defeats I agree the team doesn't look as physically fit as it should but I think it's more in their heads than in their bodies, last night we were beaten by a side that played good football but were happy to do the ugly things when needed, last night when they were two up in the 90th minute their forward ran 50 yards to challenge Morris and got a corner.That kind of commitment with a few exceptions is missing from our side.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As an aside, maybe worth remembering this morning that at the start of the campaign not only were we favourites to go down, but Pompey were going to walk their way out of league 2.

scratch

I hate to say it, but the most impressive team I've seen recently were the dreaded Stevenage, that must be a turn-up for the bookies too.
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh god, where to start, as there seems to be questions than answers with regards to our team at the moment.

Dermot is continuously stating that we are a ball playing team, who like to play between the lines. With Payne and Smith in midfield, we just don't and aren't doing that. Neither of them show for the ball, from either the full backs, or the centre halves. This causes to go more direct, which in turn loses the ball. I know I'm going to get stick for this, but Henderson should be one of the first players on the teamsheet, especially if we want to play like this. He gets us playing and distributes the ball well.

I suppose the question is whether or not Dermot is kidding himself, because at the moment we aren't a ball playing team. We are actually quite direct.

I also fear a little bit at the moment, that he's lost his way slightly in terms of knowing his best team, and set up. Having flirted with three at back, relatively successfully he's gone away from that again. We aren't seeing the best of Cox, who I don't think is happy stuck on the left, we can't get enough support up to Collins( due to build up play mentioned above) and our full backs are struggling. ( young aside).

I think a return to three at the back, personally may begin to solve some of them issues.

I've read alot since last night about players fitness, and posted this elsewhere.

I'd imagine and guess that Dermot's sessions include a lot of 'disguised running' which is what it's labelled.

These sessions will always include the ball, but will obviously include a lot of physical work around that. I'd guess that due to him constantly reminding us that he tries to be a ball playing manager( not that we always see it). I also think it's important to remember that players, like all of us only have so much time in the week. If we are conducting sessions, around improving fitness as people have suggested where does that time come from?

I'd be more interested to look at how many minutes a lot of these lads have played this season. Could we have rotated slightly more? Could we have rested some? It's acknowledged that a lot of managers conduct their main fitness work during pre season, so as it's his first ever pre season, that he's ran, was he happy with it? Is it something he'll improve on next year?

I could go on and bore you all some more, but this thread would then probably be 10 pages, so I've kept it brief!
Very Happy
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mr.T. wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

Have you managed to miss certain matches against Newport (on more than one occasion) and Boreham Wood? Laughing
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
The problem is certain people on here mask support with blind refusal to see the facts.

In the last five home games we have shown little or no team pattern, skill or frankly in large parts an application or inclination to win.

Against this we constantly here the stuff from DD about a football philosophy and work in progress. There is scant evidence of either.

No one suggests we are able to compete with Portsmouth but the team takes the field with such a negative approach there is only one outcome. The Donny game the same 9/10 times we lose that 3. -0 only Morris and terrible finishing saved us.

Morcombe Exeter and Stevenage it was more of the same out enthused out fought second to every ball and frankly no team pattern.

We are not fit enough either if Cox Payne and a few others had any respect for the club they would get themselves in shape its eembarrassing watching them toddle around with the game by passing them.

No-one is blind to the shortcoming of the team at the moment, but your readiness to throw in the towel as a supporter is embarrassing.
PCrawley1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.crawleyobserver.co......-1-7855501

Great point made in the comment section of this article by mjfjo. Agree entirely with what he is saying
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Bobson isn't our most accomplished player, but his arrival last night gave us ENERGY, introducing a higher tempo and suddenly we looked a more serious threat because the opposition couldn't stroll back into their defencive formation... and that is our problem, our build-up is too slow and predictable.

Our best attacking moment was when Collins did all the work himself and showed that Pompey weren't too clever when you ran at them, but we simply didn't sustain pressure enough to really frighten them.

Crawley69 - I'm going to stick with it in the hope (not belief) that we will improve. I'm not going to pillory anyone for not attending because they are bored by it... likely I'm being foolishly optimistic, but still involved enough to want to be there. But it is not a refusal to see the facts, more a cussed determination to see my team prove you wrong.. we'll know at the end of the season, but I reckon you will miss it more than you realise.
bob's son has energy of a headless chicken everyone seems to love him but loath the pace...if only he had taken the ball with him. Great Athlete but not a footballer. Current coaching has failed to convert that energy.
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:

Why do you care? You've stated you're done for the season, so not sure why you want to continue talking about it? After a few bad performances you dont want to support your team... ha, prett embarrassing really.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PCrawley1 wrote:
http://www.crawleyobserver.co.uk/sport/football/crawley-boss-drummy-we-just-lost-to-the-best-team-in-the-league-1-7855501

Great point made in the comment section of this article by mjfjo. Agree entirely with what he is saying

If that's Drummy's idea of a 'very good performance' he is delusional and we are in trouble!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

Jump to: