CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Drummy out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Dermot has had a bigger budget than mark yates, and also been able to bring in more players than him( yates inherited a lot of players on league one contracts).
Has there been any improvement?
Minimal I would say..I feel we have better quality players but dd dont know how to get the best out of them and is devoid of ideas..

Apart from Mark Connolly, there are not enough "Winners" in this team.

No doubt DD's post match interview will be the same, lame excuses.

JTG
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
daz wrote:
Dermot has had a bigger budget than mark yates, and also been able to bring in more players than him( yates inherited a lot of players on league one contracts).
Minimal I would say..I feel we have better quality players but dd dont know how to get the best out of them and is devoid of ideas..

JTG

That's always been my concern with DD; he comes from an environment where results are largely irrelevant - it's all about the development. He. Is finds himself where outcomes are pretty much the polar opposite

He seems to be a smashing bloke but is he the one to lead us out of a tough situation where!When we find ourselves backed into a corner?
lochislair
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 129

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
daz wrote:

JTG

I haven't seen the team apart from via a recording, but I regularly catch the interviews on Radio Sussex on the way home from whichever match I've been covering. He seems a genial chap, but he does resemble a stuck record.

That said, the team isn't consistently awful, just consistently inconsistent. Surely that's fixable, as it would suggest the raw material is present?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed Ian, inconsistency is our middle name. A few good wins and a lot of dross in between.

I don't see any point sacking Drummy. The club needs consistency not more changes.

We all know John Gregory made a total mess of things and to a certain extent we have been playing catch up ever since.

Saunders had 5 months, tried valiantly with his rag bag of loan signings and unattached players but let's face it he couldn't leave quick enough when the season ended.

Yates then had 11 months, but he was always going to struggle as the budget was slashed and I believe 80% of what he had was already committed to what he inherited.

Now Drummy has had 9 months, and has had to completely rebuild the team. Some green shoots but we are really inconsistent. We were favourites for relegation but will probably end up mid table. If he goes, all that happens is a new man comes in, the whole squad gets changed again and we will be no better off.

Signing players at our level is always a gamble. Sometimes it pays off, sometimes it doesn't. The best way forward is to keep hold of the better signings and then make a few more changes in the summer.

In the summer I would expect Arthur, Banton, Tajbaksh, Harrold, Blackman, Garnett and Watt to be gone. Bring in 4/5 others and we may have half a chance next season.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think DD is doing a reasonable job. I would only consider him worthy of sacking if we were to go down. I don't believe that will happen. I reckon we'll end the season about where we are now. Four points in the last five games is relegation form but we have a cushion already.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's far too late to change the manager now. We are in danger however of being sucked into a relegation battle with a bunch of temperamental but talented footballers who are consistently not up for a fight. There are too many show boaters in the team.

Dermot said he would not change his style of play..think we are about to find out he can't because the players can't battle..!,[/u]
allanp
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 43

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DD needs to toughen up and assert himself a lot more than he has been doing.

He might be a nice bloke but he needs to accept more responsibility for the recent poor team performances.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

allanp wrote:
DD needs to toughen up and assert himself a lot more than he has been doing.

He might be a nice bloke but he needs to accept more responsibility for the recent poor team performances.
very good post and whats 'nice'about no plan b
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John The Gas wrote:
daz wrote:

JTG

Well said, fully agree !
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No responsibility taken by DD post match tonight. Getting ready for self preservation before Reds fans hound him out? What will come first...Reds survival at the fortune of Newport and Boring Orient or DD with a one way ticket outta Crawley? Anyone seen the owners for months? Are they still bothered interested even aware whats happening?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newport laughing7
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope DD stays for at least next season.
We haven't the money to buy a team we need to build a team.
We need consistency and stability to do that we need the majority of the team and the management kept in place and then just strengthen in the summer. eg the full backs.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have to say it appears DD is completely out of ideas, he has done an ok job up to now but to0 many players are not turning up week in week out

i get the feeling he is bluffing his way to safety and i wonder if he needs a steady hand in the back room staff to help guide him.

Clifford for Cox when you are already 3 nil down was about as bad a substitution as he could have made - go 3 at the back and try and get a goal back and send the fans home with something.

it is just a shame we only played for the last 15 minutes, Crewe are a poor side and we made them look like Portsmouth

Now i dont think its worth sacking DD as we will get the 5 or 6 points needed to be sure of safety but his position must surely be looked at come the end of the season
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
I hope DD stays for at least next season.
We haven't the money to buy a team we need to build a team.
We need consistency and stability to do that we need the majority of the team and the management kept in place and then just strengthen in the summer. eg the full backs.

we already have the spine all under contract

Morris
McNerney
Connolly
Smith
Cox
Collins

other than that i don't see much worth keeping, while i dont want to see a wholesale clearout but none of the below players are good enough and or can't be relied on for fitness

Harrold
Bawling
Taj
Arthur
Blackman
Lelan
Young
Enzio
Henderson
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulton111 wrote:
i have to say it appears DD is completely out of ideas, he has done an ok job up to now but to0 many players are not turning up week in week out.

The last month has made me wonder if the players are taking the *beep* out of him, maybe they are too used to harsh words & tea-cups flying about and see his more parochial approach as a form of weakness..?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16

Jump to: