CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Other Sports ????

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Off Topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 9:22 pm    Post subject: Other Sports ???? Reply with quote

I have just watched a couple of evenings of Mosconi Cup POOL from Alexander Palace, which consists of Europe v USA. Basically a POOL version of the Ryder Cup.
It was a good watch and it made me think about what other sports you lot enjoy watching when not supporting our beloved Reds ?

Feel free to join in ....,
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horse Racing is my 2nd love and in last few years got into cricket
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gotta agree with Sussex Boy, I love a day at the races and also arrived at Cricket a bit late, growing up I always hated it until the point in my early teens when someone showed me how to bowl properly and then I really got into it, but although I maintain an interest, I genuinely struggle to sit still watching it.

There are actually lotsa sports I've enjoyed playing including rugger, basketball, baseball, tennis, snooker & badders, but can't watch to save my life. I got into NFL through my sons interest and try and catch it when its on.

One game I've never played but really enjoy watching - due mainly to the influence of a certain Antipodean lady - is Aussie Rules Football. It is brutal but great fun and full of incident. I have also attended a few boxing evenings and always found it enjoyable, particularly amateur youth competitions, but tend to lose interest in the pro level, too much hype and not enough fight.

Has anyone played croquet? forget the image, it is actually a top time, particularly with a drink or two and is more tactical than it superficially appears.
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have to admit Thad.....that I preferr a Monday afternoon at Plumpton and going to the smaller courses during the week.

Don't get me wrong....I have been to Goodwood and Epsom but find those places full of poser types.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
I do have to admit Thad.....that I preferr a Monday afternoon at Plumpton and going to the smaller courses during the week.

Don't get me wrong....I have been to Goodwood and Epsom but find those places full of poser types.

I know what you mean, but alcohol can be a great leveller.

I'm a big fan of Lingfield Park. They do a full Saturday programme which appeals to everyone, at a very decent price and it usually ends with a cheesy concert too.. always a great atmosphere and the fish & chips are legendary.
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cycling, skiing, rugby union, cross country and long distance running maybe
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:

I once went to Happy Valley in Hong Kong for a night horse racing meeting, it was amazing, the grandstand was about 7 levels high, the crowd created such an amazing atmosphere. Very Happy
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
One game I've never played but really enjoy watching - due mainly to the influence of a certain Antipodean lady - is Aussie Rules Football. It is brutal but great fun and full of incident.

Damn, Thad, I thought I would be the one mentioning this game. As you say a high level of physical contact and it is a fast paced game too.

Unfortunately suffers the scourge of sport everywhere as reported here.
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cricket, Horse Racing, Football in any order ........ Darts when outdoor sports dont allow and then theres Golf, the sport where you have to admit you're rubbish at it before you can start to enjoy it (oh, and they only make courses for right-handed players).
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cakeburner wrote:
Darts ... and then theres Golf

The OP asked about sports, not games Very Happy
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont mind a round of golf. Despite what people say in the pubs etc most of us are not very good at it..... Embarassed

I usually just play on a par 3 course or just 9 holes on a big course as thats about my level. Rolling Eyes
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cricket definitely. I like to watch the horses and dogs live but I've never really been interested when they are on TV.
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridgesboy79 wrote:
Cricket definitely. I like to watch the horses and dogs live but I've never really been interested when they are on TV.

Paul Merson used to have fun just watching the dogs on the old tele txt (ceefax)
Laughing
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Thu Dec 15, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will pretty much watch any sport as long as it's competitive.

My second favourite live sport is baseball. Really enjoyed it whilst I was in the States.

My second favourite TV sport is snooker. I could quite happily watch it all day interjected with snoozes.

I've also been really enjoying the BBC coverage of the American football with Mark Chapman and the two ex-players. I can only manage the odd full game though and live I imagine live is a tad challenging without the superimposed first down line and commentary.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: