CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Colchester EFL Trophy Predictions
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Total waste of time.

That's no way to talk about your contributions to this forum......
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree with how this tournament is being used for the 'bigger' clubs to blood their young players in 'competitive football' as it isn't the football leagues problem, that youth football at the highest level is failing.

Having said that, in my mind, nothing has really changed with this upcoming match....a chance to support Crawley- yeah, cheap tickets- yeah, a game at home with two upcoming away trips- yeah......what is the problem?

I don't understand why fans are so negative about these games...if you don't want to go, then I suppose you won't, by for me it's an option of watching the game without my four year old tagging along. Razz
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at it this way ...we have a squad of 18 outfield players, take off two who would struggle at county league level that leaves 16 players. Four are injured ...Payne, Harold ( always) , Roberts and Yorwarth..

We have just been mullered at home in a game we were supposed to perform in to show fans some things had changed .

. We go to Portsmouth in five days time to play in a game in which frankly we will be lucky to escape with our dignity .

This game tomorrow is an irrelevant waste of time that requires a very small limited squadto turn up and play in. I doubt the manager even wants this game.
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Look at it this way ...we have a squad of 18 outfield players, take off two who would struggle at county league level that leaves 16 players. Four are injured ...Payne, Harold ( always) , Roberts and Yorwarth..

We have just been mullered at home in a game we were supposed to perform in to show fans some things had changed .

. We go to Portsmouth in five days time to play in a game in which frankly we will be lucky to escape with our dignity .

This game tomorrow is an irrelevant waste of time that requires a very small limited squadto turn up and play in. I doubt the manager even wants this game.

Wish I had your belief.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
Are ticket prices the same as a league fixture? The website doesn't suggest otherwise, but I'd expect a reduced price for a glorified friendly.

Here you go.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....33247.aspx
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Alun wrote:
Are ticket prices the same as a league fixture? The website doesn't suggest otherwise, but I'd expect a reduced price for a glorified friendly.

Here you go.

http://www.crawleytownfc.com/n.....33247.aspx

Nice one, cheers.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Look at it this way ...we have a squad of 18 outfield players, take off two who would struggle at county league level that leaves 16 players. Four are injured ...Payne, Harold ( always) , Roberts and Yorwarth.

20 actually as the club website still hasn't got either Garnett or Yussuf listed
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going. I expect to get a chance to see Beeney in action and compare him to Mersin.

I also hope to see some of the fringe players in a competitive game. The giant Ghanian, the Bosphorus Bulman et all. Who knows it could be a good game.

One thing, as Colchester have a very good academy will they play them or the first team?

Jim Baker
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
One thing, as Colchester have a very good academy will they play them or the first team?

Jim Baker

Jim, I think we / they have to field 5 players from our last league game or the 5 highest appearers this season, something like that. So no, they wont play all the academy (unless they fill the criteria).
redz75
Coach
Coach

Topics: 273

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew wrote:
Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Jim, I think we / they have to field 5 players from our last league game or the 5 highest appearers this season, something like that. So no, they wont play all the academy (unless they fill the criteria).

EFL Clubs – a minimum of 5 ‘First Team’ players in the starting 11 as defined under the competition’s existing rules. I think the 5 were in the starting line up of the last League game

- Invited Clubs – 6 of the starting 11 to be U21 (as at June 30).
matt_putland
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The carrot of a Wembley final seems to be ignored by everybody. It is the best opportunity any club in League 1 or 2 has of reaching it and something the club could desperately do with in terms of putting the club on the map at least locally if not further afield.

I'm sure those who consider it a "pointless waste of time" this evening would be happily walking down Wembley Way in April were Crawley to make it.

The format of the competition isn't to everybody's liking especially this season and I understand why, but the prize at the end for winning just 7 games is a far easier achievement than reaching a play off final over 48 games and would still rank as possibly the clubs biggest achievement
Sussex Boy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This competition should just be for the lower leagues!
These b teams is just the start to the FA getting a new league or b teams in lower league seasons.

Aren't there a number of boycotts planned around the country tonight??
I think attendences will drop slightly again. Most lower league fans don't want b teams or academy teams. The fact the the clubs and FA gave it the go head just shows the big and worrying gap between the fans and people who run the sport!!!! Rolling Eyes

And this will NOT help younger players in the international set up!!!!!!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt_putland wrote:
The carrot of a Wembley final seems to be ignored by everybody. It is the best opportunity any club in League 1 or 2 has of reaching it and something the club could desperately do with in terms of putting the club on the map at least locally if not further afield.

I'm sure those who consider it a "pointless waste of time" this evening would be happily walking down Wembley Way in April were Crawley to make it.

The format of the competition isn't to everybody's liking especially this season and I understand why, but the prize at the end for winning just 7 games is a far easier achievement than reaching a play off final over 48 games and would still rank as possibly the clubs biggest achievement

Yes. Exactly. I read somewhere that Chesterfield made over £750K from their run when they won it a few years back. Even getting to the regional finals means TV money.
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
This competition should just be for the lower leagues!
These b teams is just the start to the FA getting a new league or b teams in lower league seasons.

Aren't there a number of boycotts planned around the country tonight??
I think attendences will drop slightly again. Most lower league fans don't want b teams or academy teams. The fact the the clubs and FA gave it the go head just shows the big and worrying gap between the fans and people who run the sport!!!! Rolling Eyes

And this will NOT help younger players in the international set up!!!!!!

Top post.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rubyred wrote:
i think colchester will have much better strength in depth. outside 6 or 7 players, ours aren't good. if we play full strength with them understrength then a draw, but i don't see us winning any penalty shoot out.

the other two games will be tough. charlton away no chance. southampton kids, no not at premership level. out of all of those, the experience of going to st marys will be the highlight i think.

laughing4

Doing well so far. Your life must suck. I hope you bet big on us not winning last night and lost the lot. Rolling Eyes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: