CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Lewis Young
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:20 am    Post subject: Lewis Young Reply with quote

Being offered a one year deal.

This has got to be the joke of the week.

Why are we signing players that failed last season.

Same players same result scrapping relegation.

What is our new scout looking at?
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree. We have seen more than enough of him to know that he is just not good enough to take us forward, either as a wide midfield player or full back.

Its bit depressing that Bawling and Smith have also been offered new contracts as the same applies in my view.
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If these players are the best we can get then we are heading south.
SMR
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Young and Harrold both expected to sign within the week, according to this:

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/E.....story.html
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well DD and MG seem to be sticking to players they know. I think that Lewis worked with Matt Gray at Aldershot (?) so maybe they think they can get more out of him if used in the right position.

Sometimes a change of manager also works. I seem to recall after being pretty ordinary under Billy Smith, Francis Vines came in and got Nigel Brake playing really well until that bad injury.

The difference of course is that last year Mark Yates had his hands tied because a big chunk of budget was taken up by Gregory-era players. This year virtually the whole squad were out of contract so there cannot be any excuses. However at this stage DD deserves the benefit of the doubt for me.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It makes me wonder just how well our management and new scout are informed about other players that are or could be available.Is Young really the best avaliable to us or are we incapable of finding someone who is??
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did say scoutung was major issue and re young he cares maybe his attitude got him a renewal as well as DD maybe wants see him in other positions. Overall though too much in fact more than few last season in nexts squad we arent capable of promotion and may not do much better than struggle again that said squad isnt complete maybe young is just making up the numbers.
srn151161
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a gamble but I think with some good coaching and finding a consistent postion for Lewis we will have a good player in the squad. Like Gwion we have never seen him play in a good team with lots of goalscoring opportunities.

I hope he proves a lot of people on here wrong..
Graeme
Coach
Coach

Topics: 68

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I for one am pleased Young is staying and hopefully Harrold will accept as well.
I don't think Young will be much more than a squad player but he has shown himself versatile enough to put in a shift in several positions.

As with the others, hopefully DD can coach the best out of him.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

srn151161 wrote:

I've gotta agree with you on this point.

Okay he has limitations, but he is a real trier and I have a quiet admiration for the way he doesn't let the stick he receives put him off. Lets also remember - as Graeme says - that it is about building a squad, he may not always start, but can be a good option from the bench.
seano
First Team
First Team

Topics: 27

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
srn151161 wrote:

I've gotta agree with you on this point.

Okay he has limitations, but he is a real trier and I have a quiet admiration for the way he doesn't let the stick he receives put him off. Lets also remember - as Graeme says - that it is about building a squad, he may not always start, but can be a good option from the bench.

I'm a big fan of Lewis, simply because he will give it his all every week even in the face of some terrible stick he gets from the fans. I think he does a very good job at full back, most of the times last season when he was struggling it was because he had either Deacon or tomlin in front of him both of whom were useless lazy Exclamation
Paul
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Well DD and MG seem to be sticking to players they know. I think that Lewis worked with Matt Gray at Aldershot (?) so maybe they think they can get more out of him if used in the right position.

Sometimes a change of manager also works. I seem to recall after being pretty ordinary under Billy Smith, Francis Vines came in and got Nigel Brake playing really well until that bad injury.

The difference of course is that last year Mark Yates had his hands tied because a big chunk of budget was taken up by Gregory-era players. This year virtually the whole squad were out of contract so there cannot be any excuses. However at this stage DD deserves the benefit of the doubt for me.

Agree with this. Look at when we turned Bournemouth over, they were shocking, new Manager, virtually the same side and they end up going up.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seano wrote:
I'm a big fan of Lewis, simply because he will give it his all every week even in the face of some terrible stick he gets from the fans. I think he does a very good job at full back, most of the times last season when he was struggling it was because he had either Deacon or tomlin in front of him both of whom were useless lazy Exclamation

I won't say I'm a big fan but most of Sean's comments reflect my own. He has pace and can beat players, but his final ball lets him down - something that can be worked on in training.
When he was unexpectedly put in at right-back was did an amazing job at first although the last few times at that position were not so good.

I think the club can get a lot more out of Lewis so I for one am content with him re-signing.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lewis and Harrold would have been on my (just) retain list so I'm pleased they are both likely to stay.
Sulton111
First Team
First Team

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ant wrote:
Lewis and Harrold would have been on my (just) retain list so I'm pleased they are both likely to stay.

couldn't agree more
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: