CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Stevenage matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spirit & pride, that is all I asked for..!

Great result - did Yorweth play in the middle..?

Smile
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon we are just about safe. 5 -8 more points.

Great win . Well done to team in difficult circumstances.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much better effort today. Two average teams - they had the bulk of the chances but I can only remember Jones having one serious save to make. The one moment of quality made the difference, Deacon through on the left and cross for Harrold to score.

The workrate was definitely there especially in second half when it was all in out half.

Much better set up at the back - Young dropped and a back 5 with Bawling and Deacon on the flanks. Looked much more solid. Very harsh on Preston to be left out - clearly part of the deal with Pompey is that Jones is guaranteed a start.

With most bottom sides losing it really takes the pressure off. I can't see us being caught now.

Hopefully the sale will go ahead on Friday, the new people will be genuine and a new era can begin.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many reds in attendance?
350+ I would like to think.

Great result which I would like to think will see us safe now.
I just want us to be mathematically safe ASAP so I can start planning on watching my first Crawley Town FC football league fixture next season.
I missed out on the whole of the last upward journey, so I am looking forward to the next one, under our new owners.

Under the circumstances I think we've done ok, if not entertaining we've done enough to get the points on the board.
I will reiterate what I've said before..I would like to see Yates given a chance, with a competitive budget.Could do a lot worse in League Two.
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be good to have you back armchair.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Will be good to have you back armchair.

I can't wait Daz, I must be mad, but I can't bloody wait Very Happy
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

It looked about 250, which considering some of our recent "performances", and the weather, wasn't too bad.

The work-rate of Deacon at LB was impressive, he looked a totally different player to the one running aimlessly about for the last 2 or 3 months.
My MoM. Well done to Bobson as well, a solid performance.

I'm sure R,R&R will be along soon to hail the tactical genius that is Mark Yates.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never knew stephen age was that bad anyway mirales occur well done the king
Whats Shocked no goals conceeded Shocked
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

Great result which I would like to think will see us safe now.
I just want us to be mathematically safe ASAP so I can start planning on watching my first Crawley Town FC football league fixture next season.
I missed out on the whole of the last upward journey, so I am looking forward to the next one, under our new owners.

Under the circumstances I think we've done ok, if not entertaining we've done enough to get the points on the board.
I will reiterate what I've said before..I would like to see Yates given a chance, with a competitive budget.Could do a lot worse in League Two.

Agreed, it has been tough to watch at times but this win stops the rot and hopefully sets us on our way to stay in the league with a few more wins to make it certain.
Hopefully the new owners will agree about Yates and let him continue with some kind of workable budget which we obviously do not have at present?
And it will be good to finally meet you Armchair, there will be a pint in Redz waiting for you on your first game back!
PCrawley1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

It looked about 250, which considering some of our recent "performances", and the weather, wasn't too bad.

The work-rate of Deacon at LB was impressive, he looked a totally different player to the one running aimlessly about for the last 2 or 3 months.

I'm sure R,R&R will be along soon to hail the tactical genius that is Mark Yates.

Agree with this. Deacon was 10 times better than normal and was so much more comfortable at coming back and defending. Bobson played very well in the first half especially and didn't need to do anything special in the second
mickyboy
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 45

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The entire defence performed heroically with Roarie and Bobson outstanding on the flanks.Their workload and indeed the whole teams was immense. The mass debater referee Gavin Ward was his usual inept self quite how he conjured up 5minutes of added time is a mystery. Massive thanks to GH Coaches for another stress free and enjoyable day out.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

backofthenet wrote:

That's two good games Bobson has had. He may not be the world's greatest talent but he gives 100% every time I see him.

In the first half particularly he worked hard on getting forward. Short passes and interchanges with Tomlin. Very refreshing change. Not afraid to get in for the 50/50 either.

Interesting that Yates said today he had players in their natural positions. You could see the difference to last week's rather feeble effort. Edwards always an outlet up front and Atkinson also worked hard until he cramped up.

A good team performance.

Had a quick chat with the steward on the gate while I drunk my Costa coffee which I wasn't allowed to take in. Apparently he had a pound on Leicester to win the Premier League before the start of the season. Odds 5,000-1. Hope it comes off for him.
sawdustbrown
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

179 according to Stevenage Twitter feed. Was a good day out. Wasnt pretty but put in a real shift and took our chance when it arose
sawdustbrown
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

179 according to Stevenage Twitter feed. Was a good day out. Wasnt pretty but put in a real shift and took our chance when it arose
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sawdustbrown wrote:
Was a good day out. Wasnt pretty but put in a real shift and took our chance when it arose

The opposition have applied that formula in our last two home, so it is really encouraging that it worked for us.. lovely to pick up the points, but quite seriously I don't care about the pretty stuff, so long as the effort is there.. an ugly away win is always a very satisfying result.. and top reward for all who made the trip in horrible February weather..!

salut
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: