CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Steve hollis - twitter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
If Andy Little should be called into action,would he command the record of the oldest player in League 2?

JTG

Possibly Brian Jensen was born in 1975 whilst Andy Little was born in 1974.
The other Mansfield goalkeeper Scott Shearer must be younger.

Dare I say getting rid of Jenson was a mistake.

(You can add Torres and Simpson to that too.)
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Graeme wrote:
Born in Crawley Hospital wrote:
I suspect the club are gambling on our fourteen points.

We *should* stay clear of relegation this season so therefore we can save what budget we do have - if any - on 2016/17.

I reckon that's pretty close to the truth.
There may be a couple of loans but no real signings.
Its a nice thought 'saving money for a push next season' but I don't believe it. I don't think there is anyone willing to plough in what's required now.

I am afraid we will have to survive on what the club earns so if we maintain our league status Yates will have done well.

Personally I doubt there is anything to save for next season.

We already know that our backers want us to break even by start of next season, and at the forum it was stated that as a temporary measure PH was putting in 20,000 a month which I would guess is 3/4 players at least.

In other words we need to make some further cuts and with points in the bag we are starting the squeeze early.

No-one to come in, and in all likelihood I can't see anyone going out unless we get interested in Edwards. Who else is likely to be attracting interest from elsewhere?
Ashdown Red
First Team
First Team

Topics: 31

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would add Dannie Bulman to that list.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:
If Andy Little should be called into action,would he command the record of the oldest player in League 2?

JTG

We didn't "get rid of Jensen" - He chose to leave to be closer to his family up North.

JTG
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

Getting rid of several of the players was a mistake. However we couldn't afford to pay them any more so what was the alternative?
Born in Crawley Hospital
Manager
Manager

Topics: 332

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

Getting rid of several of the players was a mistake. However we couldn't afford to pay them any more so what was the alternative?

We offered a six month contract to Simpson and now he's going strong at the lead leaders.

Did Whitehawk really outspend us for Torres? Look at some of the rubbish we got in instead, probably for more money.

We did offer Bulman but the Plastics offered more. Can't blame him.

I didn't know about the Jenson circumstance.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

We offered a six month contract to Simpson and now he's going strong at the lead leaders.

Did Whitehawk really outspend us for Torres? Look at some of the rubbish we got in instead, probably for more money.

We offered Simpson 6 months on less than he was on before as we couldn't afford the risk with his recent injury record. I think he has started about 1 in 3 Plymouth games this season so isn't exactly the first name on their sheet. Nice bloke but it would have been a gamble.

If you want to be pedantic they are not the league leaders either Wink

Sergio I agree with - he never got a fair crack in his last years at Crawley, and I can't believe he wouldn't have done a job for us.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Simon wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

We offered Simpson 6 months on less than he was on before as we couldn't afford the risk with his recent injury record. I think he has started about 1 in 3 Plymouth games this season so isn't exactly the first name on their sheet. Nice bloke but it would have been a gamble.

Sergio I agree with - he never got a fair crack in his last years at Crawley, and I can't believe he wouldn't have done a job for us.

I most certainly would never be a pedant....but Josh has started Plymouths last six games.
The point being rather than a 1 in 3 player, he has had to bide his time and is now a regular fixture in what is a very, very good League Two team.
Putting it that way does change your outlook a little?? Wink
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Simon wrote:
Simon wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

I most certainly would never be a pedant....but Josh has started Plymouths last six games.
The point being rather than a 1 in 3 player, he has had to bide his time and is now a regular fixture in what is a very, very good League Two team.

Not to be pedantic (again) but he has started the last 4 games, not 6. Unless Soccerbase is wrong, which would be unusual. If you call starting 11 of 33 games being a 'fixture' then fine.

No it doesn't change my view. He was a good player, but we would have been taking a risk on a player who was injured virtually all of last season. I can understand why we only offered a short term deal (just like Henderson) but I can also understand why he turned it down. As I said before a nice guy but it was a risk, and Plymouth have much bigger pockets than us.

As it happened we have carried two passengers through half the season (Oyebanjo and Tomlin) and couldn't have managed a third.
qwerty1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Re: Steve hollis - twitter Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Stating no new signings before the weekend , both coaches missing form training today and money tighter than thought. Sounds bleak.
coaching at the club is absolutely shockingly awful anyway! The senior players need to take charge....step up Jimmy Smith and step up the King (aka only half decent player we have)

It's not the players job to 'take charge' of training. If your boss at work was not there, would you get there early and stay late and put in the extra work for no extra pay? Of course you wouldn't.

And this time last year a lot were calling Jimmy Smith the worst player at the club.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Steve hollis - twitter Reply with quote

qwerty1 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Stating no new signings before the weekend , both coaches missing form training today and money tighter than thought. Sounds bleak.
coaching at the club is absolutely shockingly awful anyway! The senior players need to take charge....step up Jimmy Smith and step up the King (aka only half decent player we have)

It's not the players job to 'take charge' of training. If your boss at work was not there, would you get there early and stay late and put in the extra work for no extra pay? Of course you wouldn't.

And this time last year a lot were calling Jimmy Smith the worst player at the club.

Actually players are often at their best in adversity.... the example of the cobblers has already been mentioned... it is a test of character but sometimes uncertainty gives them more focus on their own abilities, they may be out to impress too? I'd expect experienced pro's like Harrold & Barnard to step up.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:36 am    Post subject: Re: Steve hollis - twitter Reply with quote

thad wrote:
qwerty1 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Actually players are often at their best in adversity.... the example of the cobblers has already been mentioned... it is a test of character but sometimes uncertainty gives them more focus on their own abilities, they may be out to impress too? I'd expect experienced pro's like Harrold & Barnard to step up.
Barn Door step up Shocked how? He barely moves on the pitch!!!
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 1:44 am    Post subject: Re: Steve hollis - twitter Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
thad wrote:
I'd expect experienced pro's like Harrold & Barnard to step up.
Barn Door step up Shocked how? He barely moves on the pitch!!!

He scored a goal last week, he'll be full of it this week, he might just surprise us all... Wink
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
Simon wrote:
Simon wrote:
Ashdown Red wrote:
John The Gas wrote:

JTG

Not to be pedantic (again) but he has started the last 4 games, not 6. Unless Soccerbase is wrong, which would be unusual. If you call starting 11 of 33 games being a 'fixture' then fine.

No it doesn't change my view. He was a good player, but we would have been taking a risk on a player who was injured virtually all of last season. I can understand why we only offered a short term deal (just like Henderson) but I can also understand why he turned it down. As I said before a nice guy but it was a risk, and Plymouth have much bigger pockets than us.

As it happened we have carried two passengers through half the season (Oyebanjo and Tomlin) and couldn't have managed a third.

Haven't we carried McNerney too, there's your third one.
Does soccer base include cup games?No matter.My point being that Josh is now cemented in the starting line up.(but I agree, you can play with figures how you will).
qwerty1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: Steve hollis - twitter Reply with quote

thad wrote:
qwerty1 wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

Great so next time you're at work and your boss is off, you 'step up' and expect no extra pay.
Lets coaches coach and players play.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: