CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Luton Town matchday thread (FAC1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like others I cant understand why deacon started instead of fenelon as thought he was mom last week, also really think keeper is far to small , should not have been beaten for their first and tipped another other the bar earlier that a decent sized keeper would have caught , should have won that..
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yates is a disgrace his post match comments on bbc small village of Falmer really was taking the **** if he thought we played that well. As many others havev reitetated my comments Fenelon shouldbe played ahead of Deacon. As for attendance i have say weather didnt help however imagine how lower would been had club not lowered prices.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daz wrote:
Like others I cant understand why deacon started instead of fenelon as thought he was mom last week, also really think keeper is far to small , should not have been beaten for their first and tipped another other the bar earlier that a decent sized keeper would have caught , should have won that..

I'm glad I am not the only one who does not rate Flahavan.
I am convinced opposing managers are clocking his size and telling their players to have a crack from afar as his size can catch him out, as it did today and has done in the past.
Bring back Preston, thought he did okay in the few games he started for us?
Wasted opportunity to make some much needed money today by getting into the next round. Luton were very poor (which doesn't say much for us), but it does not matter how poor a side are, if you gift them like we did in the 89th minute you will concede.
martin(crawley)
Coach
Coach

Topics: 67

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
Yates is a disgrace his post match comments on bbc small village of Falmer really was taking the **** if he thought we played that well. As many others havev reitetated my comments Fenelon shouldbe played ahead of Deacon. As for attendance i have say weather didnt help however imagine how lower would been had club not lowered prices.
The only disgrace around here is you with your constant spouting of rubbish,go and find another teams FANS to wind up you muppet
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flahaven isnt great sure being lobbed from.distance wasnt great but he commands the area unlike Preston who must bevworst keeper clubs had since conference and beyond.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flahaven height is an issue . Some aspects of his game are top level. His distribution is way above our level for example. The defenders have no problem giving him the ball in tight spots and he does well.

He made some decent saves but unfortunately his mistakes are costing us games.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sussex Boy wrote:
Less than 2,000 Embarassed

Not really surprised though, who predicted 4,000+

I really wouldn't know. Must have been a right idiot.
thad
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 639

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Flahaven height is an issue...

It was also nightmare conditions for a keeper, strong swirling cross wind, greasy ball and soft underfoot (the pitch incidentally looked fantastic under the circumstances), thought it might have been a factor in their first goal...(?)

Terrace wisdom said the conditions made it one of those "shoot on sight" games, a philosophy that Luton were more keen on.

Could be worse, those Wimbledon FA cup giants went out to Forest Green.
Paul
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:

Bet you was just itching for us to lose yesterday, just so you could come on here and spout your usual crap again.

You really haven't watch football for that long have you?
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i thought we played much the better and it was an exciting game of football. Plenty of chances created which is what I like to see - shame we couldn't have buried them, particularly the one where Walton delivered a really good cross just after we'd scored.

In fact I've been more than critical of Walton but some of his passing and dead ball delivery was exceptional - especially the corner which we scored from. But his early booking was an accident waiting to happen and I'd have subbed him a bit earlier just becuase he looked like a red card in waiting - relieved to be wrong.

Our keepers are too small - they almost look like boys stuck in the goals and I'm certain that cost us at least one goal today.

A real shame - the team are playing well, have gained a bit of confidence and a cup run really could be a kick on in dragging some more fans through the gate - the real price of losing it that will be that much more difficult to delievr that
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Bradley very poor today. Maybe time for Aston to be given a game Bradly has been very average all year for me.

I know we have been spoilt for central defenders in times gone by but this young fella from Ipswich is putting our captain to shame.

Who is ASTON?

JTG
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought we deserved to lose as they scored more goals than us.

We did play better than we had been (playing) at the start of the season and sometimes you lose a game. Not too despondent as at least we were in the game and trying.

I think it's unfair to blame Young for being out of position for the first goal. Deacon was laying on the floor off the pitch and Young was left with two players. Two on one you will nearly always be done.

I believe we are now out of all the senior cup competitions. Time to concentrate on the league.

Jim Baker
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

royboy wrote:
I thought we were unlucky to lose but you have to take your chances. We should have been 2 or 3 nil up by half time and it cost us.

Agree 100% !
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:
I thought we deserved to lose as they scored more goals than us.

We did play better than we had been (playing) at the start of the season and sometimes you lose a game. Not too despondent as at least we were in the game and trying.

I think it's unfair to blame Young for being out of position for the first goal. Deacon was laying on the floor off the pitch and Young was left with two players. Two on one you will nearly always be done.

I believe we are now out of all the senior cup competitions. Time to concentrate on the league.

Jim Baker

Keep the faith Jim, we play Hastings on Tuesday in the Sussex Cup Crying or Very sad
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thad wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
Flahaven height is an issue...

It was also nightmare conditions for a keeper, strong swirling cross wind, greasy ball and soft underfoot (the pitch incidentally looked fantastic under the circumstances), thought it might have been a factor in their first goal...(?)

Terrace wisdom said the conditions made it one of those "shoot on sight" games, a philosophy that Luton were more keen on.

Could be worse, those Wimbledon FA cup giants went out to Forest Green.

The former FA cup winners are out Shocked
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: