CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Can we avoid relegation?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:21 pm    Post subject: Can we avoid relegation? Reply with quote

Shamelessly pinched/edited from another forum. Compiled by a Crewe fan.
The figures in brackets after team names are the number of games they've played -

Quote:
52 - NO TEAM RELEGATED WITH THIS TOTAL
51 - Safety 2010, 2013
50 - Safety 2012, 2014
49 - Predicted Safety 2015, Sheffield United(30)
48 - Safety 2011
45 - Bradford City(30), Doncaster Rovers(31)
44 - Fleetwood Town(32)
43 - Oldham Athletic(31)
42 - Chesterfield(32), Gillingham(32), Port Vale(32)
41 - Rochdale(29), Walsall(31), Peterborough United(32),
40 - Scunthorpe United(30)
39 -
38 - Notts County(31), Barnsley(31), Crewe Alexandra(32)
35 -
34 - Colchester United(32)
----------------------------------------------
33 - Coventry City(31), Crawley Town(32)
32 - Leyton Orient(31)
31 -
30 -
29 - Yeovil Town(32)

Forthcoming fixtures:

17th Notts County(31) - 38 points. Port Vale(H), Colchester(A), Swindon(A), Bradford(H), Rochdale(H)

18th Barnsley(31) - 38 points. Scunthorpe(A), Gillingham(A), Coventry(H), Walsall(H), Oldham(A)

19th Crewe(32) - 38 points. Swindon(H), Rochdale(A), Scunthorpe(H), Preston(A), Bristol City(A)

20th Colchester(32) - 34 points. Doncaster(A), Notts County(H), Rochdale(A), Crawley(H), Yeovil(H)
----------------------------------------------
21st Coventry(31) - 33 points. MK Dons(H), Barnsley(A), Port Vale(H), Bradford(H), Chesterfield(A)

22nd Crawley(32) - 33 points. Sheff U(H), Bradford(A), Bristol City(H), Colchester(A), Port Vale(A)

23rd Leyton Orient(31) - 32 points. Walsall(A), Bristol City(H), Peterborough(A), Yeovil(H), Barnsley(H)

24th Yeovil(32) - 29 points. Scunthorpe(A), Walsall(H), Oldham(H), Leyton O(A), Colchester(A)

I've also only made the bottom 8 relegation candidates for simplicity.

Mixed bag for the bottom 8. Yeovil needed a late penalty to salvage a point against Gillingham. Looking increasingly bleak for them, stuck at the bottom and with only 1 win in their last 7. Orient got a vital first home win under Liverani and that makes it 2 wins in 3 for them. If they do click, they could be this seasons version of Bristol City/Sheffield United and power to safety. Coventry threw away a 2-0 lead at Brammall Lane, those dropped points could prove costly come the end of the season.

Just above the drop zone, Colchester grabbed an incredible home win over Bristol City that could breath new life into their survival bid. The Alex lost back to back away games and slip back towards the bottom 4. Suddenly the optimism that was evident this time last week has disappeared. Barnsley beat the Alex to push themselves away from the bottom 4. They'll definitely need a new manager to stave off relegation if today is anything to go by. Notts County continue to slip down the table, 7 defeats in their last 10. Gone from promotion hopefuls to mid table mediocrity to now relegation candidates. A couple of wins and things might change.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can we - yes. Will we - unsure.

The frustrating thing is other teams around us are also picking up points against better clubs.

If it's tight our GD won't help us either.
sloth
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doubtful. I don't think we have the firepower to win enough games. I hope we make a fight of it though.
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 3 teams around us have very loseable games next Saturday. If we could beat the Blades it would give us great impetus. The problem is the 5 point gap between us and Crewe although if we could string some wins together we could just make it.

As dictated by Mustaphashot again (unfortunately).
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still think we will go down, but at least, perhaps, with our heads held high now

Maybe we have moved beyond the shameful farce of a team that we had become

I am not entirely sure I want to stay up; with promises of further budget cuts to come next season I really can't see where the fun and enjoyment will come from supporting CTFC next season in L1

There is no point in having the status of owning a Ferrari if you can't enjoy driving because you can't afford the petrol or insurance, while all your peers sneer at you waiting at the bus stop in the rain as they cruise by in their (paid for) Fiestas
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
There is no point in having the status of owning a Ferrari if you can't enjoy driving because you can't afford the petrol or insurance, while all your peers sneer at you waiting at the bus stop in the rain as they cruise by in their (paid for) Fiestas

Eric Cantona?

Wink
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hickmott Senior wrote:
I still think we will go down, but at least, perhaps, with our heads held high now

Maybe we have moved beyond the shameful farce of a team that we had become

I am not entirely sure I want to stay up; with promises of further budget cuts to come next season I really can't see where the fun and enjoyment will come from supporting CTFC next season in L1

As we know, the problem has been reduced attendances, caused (amongst other things) by boring stultifying football leading to a reduced budget.

It will be interesting to see how many home fans attendance increases by next week and the week after. If we can keep playing reasonably well at home and get the average gate up, and stay up then maybe things won't be too bad next season.

At least with 3 of the next 4 home games, the away support is likely to be 1000 plus (well, definitely with Bristol City) so I would hope we'd get near or exceed the club's hoped for average and get 3500 plus for those games.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too early to call. Of the bottom eight sides we've only played two twice which still makes five six pointers (cup finals) to go.
John The Gas
Coach
Coach

Topics: 85

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When Dean Saunders suggested we needed SEVEN wins, i wonder if he thought the Swindon game would actually be one of the seven?

JTG
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, the owners dont care about fans makimg promises dont keep we have a clown aka pg and damage done by jg now we ride some luck but with ****s likepg involved its certain we are down impossible to stay up, We will be relegated one or two swallows doesnt make a summer, if and its such a high if i think there would be fa investigation into match.fixing if ds keeps us up thenhe should get the freedom.of the town.forever amd will be down.in.history slomgside the great steve evans. in.reality ds is as negative as jg and we have players poor at this league std we already have a foot in.league two
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2015 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:
no, the owners dont care about fans makimg promises dont keep we have a clown aka pg and damage done by jg now we ride some luck but with ****s likepg involved its certain we are down impossible to stay up, We will be relegated one or two swallows doesnt make a summer, if and its such a high if i think there would be fa investigation into match.fixing if ds keeps us up thenhe should get the freedom.of the town.forever amd will be down.in.history slomgside the great steve evans. in.reality ds is as negative as jg and we have players poor at this league std we already have a foot in.league two

9125 unintelligible posts and you still don't have a clue where the letters are on the keyboard
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:

Can you post in Polish please. There are some excellent translation tools free on the Internet we can use.

Or please post before that 6th bottle of Tyskie Wink
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In answer to the title of the post, Yes we can and we will.
Drew
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 8

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course the team can stay up.

But with the hardest run in than any of the others (IMO) consisting of Sheff U, Bradford City, Bristol City, Colchester (I hate ColU)and Port Vale, I don't think they will be in L1 next season.

The only potential saving grace is that many of the others in the relegation fight play each other in their final games, so there will be lots of points dropped - and if CTFC can get at least a point against the likes of Sheff Utd, Bradford and Bristol City, then who knows...
reigatered
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having watched us being consistently outplayed this season, often by equally lower ranked teams, I think our prospects of surviving at this level are quite slim.

OK, a couple of good wins keeps us interested and no doubt has a great effect on team spirit and the general moral of the supporters, but the bottom line is regrettably, from all that we have seen, that we are one of the four worst teams in the Division.

Whilst that will not stop us cheering the team on till the last ball is kicked, it is, I fear, the reality of our situation.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14

Jump to: