CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Barnsley matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First half we were our usual defensive, hang on in there self, but we managed to ride the storm and got the lead before HT which seemed to lift us.

Second half we were superb. Fowler set up the 2nd and 3rd goals with some cracking free kicks into the box and he looked good on the ball. I have to admit, Fowler has proved me wrong, he's not the most mobile but he has ability no doubt.

Even at 3-1 I was nervous we might mess it up, but Barnsley seemed determined to lose and gifted us 2 more goals. Quite incredible how poor they were, they fell apart after the 4th goal went in.

By the end we were keeping the ball a bit and the crowd were responding. This should give us confidence to take into the next game and kick on.

Pogba was superb, strong and won headers. Fowler put in 2 great free kicks and passed the ball well. McLeod was sharp and took his chances very well. Bradley stepped up to plate at centre half, didn't miss 'Calamity Walsh' at all. Young did well at full back even if it was a bit unorthodox playing him there.

One swallow doesn't make a summer, but it gives us confidence and hopefully keeps the season alive at least.
paul50
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wodin wrote:
Couldn't make it today for the first time in ages....family issues Sad am I a Jonah??

Hope everything is alright mate!!
paul50
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a difference to Tuesday. To walk away and hear their fans using the word "unstoppable" about us.... Classic.
COYR
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big difference today?

When we were forced to lump it forward we had someone who could compete with the centre backs and not only win the ball but keep control of it too. But it's not only the winning that matters it's the prevention of the ball coming straight back. It means we had time to regroup and push forward. Pogba made a big difference.

Having said that, mom has to be Izale. Three well taken goals and a threat all day.

I was hoping to keep them down to ten shots and maybe pinch a winner. I had to pinch myself to make sure I wasn't dreaming.

Well done to everyone today.

Jim Baker
PEETEE
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well no one saw that coming and in the first 30 mins it was same old story. Then the breakaway and lovely skill from Izale. What a difference a bit of confidence makes and Little Lee Fowler showed a lot of composure on the ball and for the first time this season at home we actually played some decent football. And isn't it nice to see another team cock it up and gift us something instead of the other way round.
Finally a word about the ref was it me or did he give just about every foul decision to Barnsley. I do think other teams are cuter than us at getting decisions we are very niave sometimes in our challenges. Its been a long time since an "ole" was sung following our passing towards the end of the second half.
I can even convince myself we can escape relegation , would love to be in same league as Albion.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have we stumbled on our best line up?

Good performances all over the pitch. But Price especially for that first half save.

Fowler or Smith - tough call. Laughing

Well done to Lewis Young at right back. Two good performances I've seen from him there.

MoM for me would have been Fowler with Bradley a close 2nd were it not for that superb IM hat-trick. scarf

2nd double in a week next Saturday?

1st 5 goal league haul since away at pretend wombles 3 seasons ago?
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
This is all great, but I would have rather lost this but won 1-0 at Yeovil.

Not sure I agree with you. We are 3 points closer to Barnsley now and they are in the relegation mix now too.

Barnsley will be ok, Yeovil will be around us at the end.
I must confess I didn't realise they were as low down as they are mind.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning response from the mid week horrors. Nervy start but Price kept them out. As the first half progressed, we started getting stronger and no surprise we took charge. Izale, Pogba, Fowler, Bradley, Price all caught the eye. Gwion is still misfiring - Saunders needs to get him to play more simply and build himself in to games. A good step towards the 50 pointer mark.
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Despite the huge win today, we still have the worst goal difference in the league. Shocked

Still, only 13 points off the play-offs.
bridgesboy79
Coach
Coach

Topics: 50

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do I still think we will go down? - Yes.

Could I accept that more if we give it a real go like today? - Yes again!

We played as a team
in the second half. Lee Fowler may not have pace but he can spot a pass. I am concerned that Pogba may be out for a bit as he can clearly play a bit.

I would like to see Keith Keane as the final loan signing to give the midfield more bite.

Last edited by bridgesboy79 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fowler is a very good footballer. elliot is a worker but not alway looking fit . We need a terrier with lungs who can tackle . Perhaps Keene from Preston to sit front and give the ball to Fowler. Keane Wordsworth Elliott and Fowler might just do it. Pogs and McLeod up front . We are ok at the back
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
Peter wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:
This is all great, but I would have rather lost this but won 1-0 at Yeovil.

Not sure I agree with you. We are 3 points closer to Barnsley now and they are in the relegation mix now too.

Barnsley will be ok, Yeovil will be around us at the end.
I must confess I didn't realise they were as low down as they are mind.

Not so sure about Barnsley being okay, they made one of the worst teams in the league (us) look like title contenders today.
It really was going from the ridiculous (Tuesday) to the sublime today.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
Fowler is a very good footballer. elliot is a worker but not alway looking fit . We need a terrier with lungs who can tackle . Perhaps Keene from Preston to sit front and give the ball to Fowler. Keane Wordsworth Elliott and Fowler might just do it. Pogs and McLeod up front . We are ok at the back

Where would you play Smith?
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smith is ok as a harrier his confidence is shot but he has a good work ethic. Just needs time. We need blokes like Fowler who aren't scared of taking the ball to bing others in.
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took my six year old daughter to her first game today.
Nearly did not bother after Tuesday night.
So glad we went, watching her get caught up in the excitement as the goals went in will be something I will cherish even if we do go down.
As someone has already said, if we play like today for the rest of the season at least we will go down fighting, or maybe even achieve the great escape?
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: