CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Probably not the best time to mention this...

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cup Runnings
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 10:42 am    Post subject: Probably not the best time to mention this... Reply with quote

Morning fellas, it seems like a lifetime ago but last season me and a pal followed the FA Cup from a preliminary game, all the way to the final, or that was the aim.

We followed Crawley from Hednesford away, through the three games vs Bristol Rovers. Which wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't travelled from Newcastle Upon Tyne for each bloody game!

Anyway, I've now written a book about the experience. It's a long story why it's taken so long and is covered in the book, but after last night's shambles it might make a nice piece of escapism for a few of you.

I really enjoyed the few games we had down at Bradfield, even though I should have hated the place due to the abandoned match! The book is available on Amazon, and a few other online book stores and is being added to more all the time. It's only 2.99 so shouldn't break the bank - I've not done it to make money, just want loads of people to read it.

Cheers, Andy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/.....ot_redir=1
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha, good thread title! Anyway, link failure, so here's a working link for those not on a mobile currently:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/My-Cup.....+cup+upset
Bruce of Amsterdam
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 34

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Followed the blog so would be rude not to purchase the book.
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:33 am    Post subject: Re: Probably not the best time to mention this... Reply with quote

Cup Runnings wrote:
Morning fellas, it seems like a lifetime ago but last season me and a pal followed the FA Cup from a preliminary game, all the way to the final, or that was the aim.

We followed Crawley from Hednesford away, through the three games vs Bristol Rovers. Which wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't travelled from Newcastle Upon Tyne for each bloody game!

Anyway, I've now written a book about the experience. It's a long story why it's taken so long and is covered in the book, but after last night's shambles it might make a nice piece of escapism for a few of you.

I really enjoyed the few games we had down at Bradfield, even though I should have hated the place due to the abandoned match! The book is available on Amazon, and a few other online book stores and is being added to more all the time. It's only 2.99 so shouldn't break the bank - I've not done it to make money, just want loads of people to read it.

Cheers, Andy
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/.....ot_redir=1

Give it a couple of years and you can watch us in the pre-qualifying rounds Sad
Cup Runnings
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 3

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers everyone - especially for the correct link. It's safe to say I'm rubbish at technology!

Am hoping you pull out of it but I've seen enough Sunderland relegation to know it doesn't look good.

If I'm honest - and I've no idea how he's been this season - I was amazed you signed Matt Harold in the summer. Thought he was poor in all three games against you during the cup!
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cup Runnings wrote:
If I'm honest - and I've no idea how he's been this season - I was amazed you signed Matt Harold in the summer. Thought he was poor in all three games against you during the cup!

That would say a lot, one of the reasons John Gregory have for the signing was his impressive performances against us last season!!

To be honest even as a ST holder I'm still in the dark, as far as I know he has always had some form of injury and rarely been fit to play 90 mins. Came across as a really genuine lad when he came to the fans forum, and his spell in goal will always be remembered, but I'd be surprised if he is still here next season.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JG knew he would have to run a tight ship and should have aimed to use say 15 players for the season (Liverpool have won the league using that amount). You need luck but you don't help yourself buying players with dubious fitness.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: