CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Futsal ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daz
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 28

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:17 pm    Post subject: Futsal ? Reply with quote

Can someone explain to me what futsal is and why is it that we cant afford or be bothered to have a youth or reserve side yet we are offering scholarship in this version of football...
I also gather there are girls football teams connected to the club, whilst I have nothing aginst a girls side, how can we have a futsal side and a girls team and no youth team..how either of these benefits the club in a football sence I would love to know...
The fact that teams like burgess hill can afford to run and benefits from there youth side just shows how poor and out of touch our club is..
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to repost this in Ask The Club. Ben Smith was/is involved with Futsal I think.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Futsal is akin to a five a side game. It is played with a smaller heavier ball and is said to teach youngsters close control and movement beyond a normal game of football.

Most of the technically gifted Brazillians cite Futsal as helping their progression. Think Neymar or Oscar.

As to why we cannot run reserve or youth teams you would need to ask the club. I suspect they will reply with a one word answer. Money.

Jim Baker
daz
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So how can a small team like burgess hill afford one and why are we wasting money on futsal.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The club seem to spend time on the gimmicky side of things. I just see it as another weak attempt to distract from what's urgent and important.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't the Futsal run by the community team? I guess there is central funding available which the club can apply for to assist running costs.

And I imagine the girls teams are self financing, just playing under the Crawley Town name and wearing Crawley Town kit.

I'm happy to be corrected if someone knows different.
josefk
First Team
First Team

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought the Futsal was just as part of the further education course offered by this club and many others so is separate in that sense and would be funded differently.

Futsal is great for skill and control so probably not much use to English players.
compsdakeeper
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thought I'd clear this up. The community department of CTFC (and all football clubs) is a charity. In a business sense, they are two organisations, but they obviously work very closely together. The idea is that football is used as a tool to engage the community in a number of different areas.

The Futsal scholarship is run by the community dept. They will therefore get funding from the Football League to run this scheme, which is called restricted funding, meaning it can only be used for that project.

As for academies, they are club run and funded. To have a Football League academy, it costs hundreds of thousands to run every year. Costs for coaches, facilities, kit, education, equipment and match fees all add up. Burgess Hill, Three Bridges and the like all have youth sides, but they are grassroots youth clubs, run and coached by volunteers and funded by the players themselves. To run an academy, you must not charge players...this was where Richard Low's scheme fell down, as he was charging players to be part of the CTFC academy.

Hope this info is useful!
daz
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply and clearing that up comps..
pedlar
First Team
First Team

Topics: 206

PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.crawleyobserver.co......-1-6225051
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: