CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Less activity on this forum reflects attitude to CTFC?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:53 pm    Post subject: Less activity on this forum reflects attitude to CTFC? Reply with quote

I joined this forum in 2007. My memory is now poor, but I seem to think this forum used to be a hive of activity, with many discussions by a broad circle of fans. I certainly remember crossing swords with a few in light hearted banter and enjoying the experience. Relatively recently it appears that fewer are posting on this forum e.g the Fleetwood match thread. I remember the days when match threads and one or two others went on for pages and pages. There were a few epic threads in the past but don't seem to be many now.

I am sure most users of this forum will agree it is excellent and great thanks are due to Peter. So it can't be the fault of the forum. I just feel that the reduction in activity is due to a couldn't really care a less reaction to the club, its directors and players.

Am I right?

As dictated by Mustaphashot
cornishred
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 25

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect part of the reason is people losing interest, but personally speaking, I post far less than in the past due to the number of wallies on here who bore and irritate me to death with nonsensical diatribe.

That, coupled with any sensible debate being hijacked and led off topic by the afore mentioned idiots who end up squabbling over something totally removed from the original topic means that any sense or logic is diluted and lost in an ocean of *beep*.

If this thread is true to form, by the 10th post someone will be telling us all that Alex Ferguson is out of work, we must get him in by Saturday with Steve Evans as coach.

Sadly the lunatics have taken over the asylum.
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 228

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
I suspect part of the reason is people losing interest, but personally speaking, I post far less than in the past due to the number of wallies on here who bore and irritate me to death with nonsensical diatribe.

That, coupled with any sensible debate being hijacked and led off topic by the afore mentioned idiots who end up squabbling over something totally removed from the original topic means that any sense or logic is diluted and lost in an ocean of *beep*.

If this thread is true to form, by the 10th post someone will be telling us all that Alex Ferguson is out of work, we must get him in by Saturday with Steve Evans as coach.

Sadly the lunatics have taken over the asylum.

Shocked
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there is an air of sort acceptance we are down pg has made sure of that
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Less activity on this forum reflects attitude to CTFC? Reply with quote

mustaphashot wrote:
I joined this forum in 2007. My memory is now poor, but I seem to think this forum used to be a hive of activity, with many discussions by a broad circle of fans. I certainly remember crossing swords with a few in light hearted banter and enjoying the experience. Relatively recently it appears that fewer are posting on this forum e.g the Fleetwood match thread. I remember the days when match threads and one or two others went on for pages and pages. There were a few epic threads in the past but don't seem to be many now.

I am sure most users of this forum will agree it is excellent and great thanks are due to Peter. So it can't be the fault of the forum. I just feel that the reduction in activity is due to a couldn't really care a less reaction to the club, its directors and players.

Am I right?

As dictated by Mustaphashot

Hi Mustapha

I agree with you, a lot less traffic on here these days.

I think a lot have stopped going to the games so that is one reason, also I think a lot of people are now using twitter and Facebook for their online Crawley town social media.

All the important ones are here though Wink
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red, Red & Red wrote:

The irony of this following Alun post genius. The constant broken record posts annoy the hell out of me. Now I have no idea if Paul groves is a good man or coach I know Tubbs did not like him. But seriously substantiate your agreements or change the record.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

far2jammy wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

The irony of this following Alun post genius. The constant broken record posts annoy the hell out of me. Now I have no idea if Paul groves is a good man or coach I know Tubbs did not like him. But seriously substantiate your agreements or change the record.

Idiot.

This is RRR spelling. PG = John Gregory.

Wink
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Phil T wrote:
far2jammy wrote:
Red, Red & Red wrote:

Idiot.

This is RRR spelling. PG = John Gregory.

Wink

And he didn't use a capital G for Groves surname.

Ban him ban
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like this forum and come on a few times daily, from my desk at work, I do agree there is a lot of negatively which gets boring and depressing, but I will continue to support this forum and continue to support Crawley Town, I don't understand how people can just turn their backs on the club that they support just because their *beep* at the moment.
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, I am a member on an MG forum, and the amount of postings on there has declined over the same period as on here.

I think it is also a factor of the other (inexplicably popular) Facebook and Twatter forums.
nemo
Coach
Coach

Topics: 81

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tels
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 14

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the malaise does stretch to the Forum even with the MODS.

Just looking again at the CTFC.NET landing page Last results and table Nov 29th. We may prefer to hide from the truth but cannot really can we! Laughing Rolling Eyes
Maidenbower Millionaire
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
I really like this forum and come on a few times daily, from my desk at work, I do agree there is a lot of negatively which gets boring and depressing, but I will continue to support this forum and continue to support Crawley Town, I don't understand how people can just turn their backs on the club that they support just because their *beep* at the moment.

Well said David , although I hope your boss does n't read this and see how much skiving you do. " a few times daily from your desk at work !

Embarassed
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nemo wrote:

---

(morse code)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: