CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Sunday Protest: Gregory out
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday Protest: Gregory out Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Peter wrote:
I've a season ticket and I'm not planning on going either. I've made that known to Matt Turner and Dave Pottinger too.

You've already paid, so no skin off their noses... until June.

But it sends out a message surely? If I'm not going now, how likely is it that I will renew in 6 months? Plus they lose any revenue that I would usually spend on a match day etc.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going Sunday but my son has already said he won't be coming with me. And I wont blame him either. I can't do MK Dons and that's my reason for going Sunday. There's a chance I could be away for two months in Feb and March so I dont want to miss too many games

Everyone should be free to make their own choice on whether they go. I can't wait till Gregory has gone, tomorrow would be too late and it should have been over a month ago
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Sunday Protest: Gregory out Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Peter wrote:
Alun wrote:
Better still, nobody turn up. A complete boycott from the home support will send a much stronger message than the 'perceived' minority having a pop.

I've got a season ticket and as things stand I have no intention of being there.

I've a season ticket and I'm not planning on going either. I've made that known to Matt Turner and Dave Pottinger too.

As you know Ian, I tend to indulge myself with several pints before, at half time and after the game.

There's at least 130 they won't be getting their hands on. Hickmott Sr feels similarly so there's the best part of 300 the club won't be getting. If the masses follow suit there's suddenly a big hole in the revenue, a hole that maybe sufficient for the club to see beyond the end of their noses and sort this mess out before it's too late (if it's not already).
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of you have got the balls to seriously protest.
We can all moan on the forum, but when it comes to real action.... ........
Alun
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 13

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

Exactly why a mass boycott works. Actions speak louder than works and hitting the club in the *beep* pocket will have a far larger impact than protesting.

All the while people are moaning but turning up and spending money, this disgraceful situation will continue.

Hit them in the wallet and things will change a lot quicker.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Exactly why a mass boycott works. Actions speak louder than works and hitting the club in the *beep* pocket will have a far larger impact than protesting.

All the while people are moaning but turning up and spending money, this disgraceful situation will continue.

Hit them in the wallet and things will change a lot quicker.

Too many wet blankets I'm afraid.
Too many scared of their own shadow.
Those of us that would......are banned or don't care anymore.
hughe_tj
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you armchair. Each to their own but at some point you've got to make a stand. I and my two sons are season ticket holders and will not be going Sunday. It beggars belief that some of our fans clapped the 2 or 3 players brave enough to squirm their way to about 30 yards from the away section at the end. A few half baked cries for Gregory to #### off will hardly have Dunford typing up Gregory's P45. A crowd around the 1000 mark for the Colchester game will ring alarm bells and send a message that will be hard to be ignored. Half the beauty of football is not knowing what will be served up each game, but unfortunately I know too well what a turgid, lifeless performance will be on offer against Colchester, despite it being a so called 6 pointer. The club are laughing in the faces of the few loyal fans remaining and I urge all true reds fans to boycott the game. Show some *beep*, it might even rub off on the players
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I wasn't so skint, I'd be buying a half season ticket. As it stands, I'll just be going when I can afford to.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While there is next to no pleasure watching Crawley anymore,I am equally sure Gregory won't be going anywhere unless the Bod over rule Dunford.

We are a conference team / budget playing in league one with to many players who can not play at this level.

It makes me laugh to hear Gregory talk about a ten day window to change things .

1. No one will take the players he wants rid of so unless we pay up contracts there is no scope to change.

2 he signed the largely shower of *beep*. There are exceptions like Dickson and Oyebanjo who have proved reasonable signings. Why should anyone trust him to get it right second time
colin
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should anyone trust him to get it right second time

Don't you mean third time More bad signings and waste of money the bloke is useless, should have gone long ago.
paul50
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 4

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it has been said, low figures will be blamed on the Xmas period!
hughe_tj
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We must be the only club, non league or otherwise who would use the excuse of the Xmas period being to blame for low crowds.
Hickmott Senior
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 10

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hughe_tj wrote:
We must be the only club, non league or otherwise who would use the excuse of the Xmas period being to blame for low crowds.

We must be the only Club, non league or otherwise, that has people in authority spouting absolute nonsense that wants to delude the supporters that all is well on and off the pitch
We have minds of our own and can see we are in a state of meltdown. Immediate and drastic action is needed to remove the deluded fools.
This isn't North Korea and we don't have to follow blindly into the abyss; we need to take action as is our right. At least we can look back and say WE went down fighting
mustaphashot
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 293

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we were North Korea, we might at least be able to shoot better ( in the football sense of course).

As dictated by Mustaphashot
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 11:43 am    Post subject: Re: Sunday Protest: Gregory out Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Ian wrote:
Peter wrote:

But it sends out a message surely? If I'm not going now, how likely is it that I will renew in 6 months? Plus they lose any revenue that I would usually spend on a match day etc.

I know Peter, not arguing against you hence my "... until June' qualifier.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: