CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Crawley Town Reds Worthing Ultras Banner @ Coventry
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
steve6555
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 30

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 8:53 pm    Post subject: Crawley Town Reds Worthing Ultras Banner @ Coventry Reply with quote

Those that attended the 2-2 draw at Coventry on Saturday would of noticed the banner which read, "Crawley Town Reds Worthing Ultras".

Now at first I thought the same as quite a few others, that it was a bit cheesy. But on reflection, what it shows is that the club is now attracting fans from other parts of West Sussex.
The 2 lads that unravel there 10ft long banner, were there supporting Crawley Town, when they could quite easily of chosen Brighton.

I have nothing but respect for these lads and there banner, and it just shows that we are certainly making waves across West Sussex now, with people now following the club from other towns. That can only be a good thing for Crawley Town. I hope to see there banner at many more away games.

Horsham Reds anyone? As there going to be a County League team soon, it wouldn't surprise me. It's a shame we don't display more flags and banners on our travels.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Crawley Town Reds Worthing Ultras Banner @ Coventry Reply with quote

steve6555 wrote:
Those that attended the 2-2 draw at Coventry on Saturday would of noticed the banner which read, "Crawley Town Reds Worthing Ultras".

Now at first I thought the same as quite a few others, that it was a bit cheesy. But on reflection, what it shows is that the club is now attracting fans from other parts of West Sussex.
The 2 lads that unravel there 10ft long banner, were there supporting Crawley Town, when they could quite easily of chosen Brighton.

I have nothing but respect for these lads and there banner, and it just shows that we are certainly making waves across West Sussex now, with people now following the club from other towns. That can only be a good thing for Crawley Town. I hope to see there banner at many more away games.

Horsham Reds anyone? As there going to be a County League team soon, it wouldn't surprise me. It's a shame we don't display more flags and banners on our travels.

Agree with all that you say BUT.....
Heading back to Luton train station in our conference winning season,I got talking to three lads,all of whom had travelled up from Worthing,and they had been following the super Reds for a year or so.
Could it have been the same lads?I wouldn't know,obviously,having only seen us play a few times since that marvellous night.
Either way,it does show that you don't have to live in RH10/11 to follow CTFC!!
steve6555
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The night of the famous 2-1 smash and grab victory! I happened to be in attendance that night too.
The lads on Saturday with the banner were no more than 16/17 years old. So it looks like we have even more Ultras from Worthing that we didn't even know about!
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:33 am    Post subject: Re: Crawley Town Reds Worthing Ultras Banner @ Coventry Reply with quote

steve6555 wrote:

Do you really believe with our dwindling support the club are making waves across West Sussex just because 2 teenagers come from Worthing.???
Let's all try to have an honest debate about the clubs poor support base throughout West Sussex and Crawley and not try to paint a picture that isn't true.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a haywards heath one Laughing
GillsMan
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 23

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone want to join my Dorking CTFC Firm I'm setting up?
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Crawley Town Reds Worthing Ultras Banner @ Coventry Reply with quote

steve6555 wrote:

They've have always had good support outside Crawley. I remember being told by the club in our Conference winning season that around 50% of our STHs did not have a Crawley postcode. This included quite a number from the coast. So this isn't a recent thing.

I am in East Sussex btw.
steve6555
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see so many fans following the club from different parts of the South East. It's just a shame the club are so poor at advertising the club outside of RH10/11
fnb
Subs bench
Subs bench

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have support from all over the country, loads of exiles including my son who lives in Bolton, He has never had a RH post code, stupidly he followed his fathers passion for what was then a Southern League club.
Also don't forget our foreign support, Dave Thailand, Cannuck Chris and Aussie Red.
I also know of regulars that travel from Eastbourne, Brighton, London and Horsham.
Also there is Thad who is from a different planet, alien support ? Smile
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve6555 wrote:
The night of the famous 2-1 smash and grab victory! I happened to be in attendance that night too.
The lads on Saturday with the banner were no more than 16/17 years old. So it looks like we have even more Ultras from Worthing that we didn't even know about!

The answer could be here............

http://ctfc.net/forum/viewtopi.....mp;start=0

detective
steve6555
Squad member
Squad member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of our support from around the globe, you only have to remember the stories in the national papers before the Man Utd game, of Crawley exiles flying in from around the world.
Just wish the club would advertise us a bit more in some of these mediocre towns closer by.
The fact were the only football league club in West Sussex, should be made a bit more of.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of which means our support from Crawley is even worse than we thought.

I didn't want anyone thinking I'm an optimistic kind of guy. Very Happy

I welcome everybody to my pain.

Jim Baker
hughe_tj
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 5

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forza ragazzi !
Phil T
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 102

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fnb wrote:
Also don't forget our foreign support, Dave Thailand, Cannuck Chris and Aussie Red.

And Reverend Red is in Barcelona?
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steve6555 wrote:

Just wish the club would advertise us a bit more in some of these mediocre towns closer by.

Well it's lucky you're not the one advertising CTFC to the inhabitants of north Sussex.

"Live in a *beep* town? Come to the checkatrade and support your local club!" Wink
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: