CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Cambridge United matchday thread (JPT)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Newish Red
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought Richefond had a good last 20 odd minutes. He looked quick and I can't remember him putting a pass astray.

Surely he must be worth the cost of an hotel room on away trips to gain experience of the league rather than naming < seven subs.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Newish Red wrote:
Surely he must be worth the cost of an hotel room on away trips to gain experience of the league rather than naming < seven subs.

We've two home games coming up. I guess he'll be on the bench for at least one of them.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it wasn't pretty but a win is a win.

First half was bad - nothing to say really.

Second half much better. We had all the chances and it would have been a travesty if we had lost. Disallowed goal, hit the post but it took a feeble own goal to get us going.

The usual mixed bag in red shirts.

Positives - rejigged defence but still looked solid. Harrold put himself about a bit and won plenty in the air. Mitchell Rose looked OK, didn't understand why he went off. Banya - took goal well and must be overdue a start. Ryan Richefond, good cameo at LB, if I was JG I wouldn't be too quick to write him off. Young - much better second half, finishing weak but some good runs and it might give him confidence.

Negatives - midfield: O'Connor, willing worker but really poor first touch. You can't take 3 touches to control it at this level. Tomlin, again, shouldn't have been offside for the disallowed goal. Smith - set up second half and instead of threatening the goal he tried a back heel that would have been embarrassing in U12 football.

Hopefully a good draw in the next round as there is money to be made if we reach the finals.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63d-NaSK1ao
Charles Banya interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfjHwy2Wi3I
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That back heel really ruined a good move, easy to laugh off, because we won, but if we hadn't.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fair assessment by JG although I find the comments about "little Charlie" and "little Ryan" a bit condescending. Both gave a good account of themselves and deserve their places more than some of the more experienced pros.
qwerty1
Reserve team
Reserve team

Topics: 9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crap game in all honesty. About 4 minutes of actual football played through out the whole game, the rest of the time it was a game of who can kick it the furthest.

Best player on the pitch tonight: O'Connor. He should be starting in front of Young every week. Young would struggle in the Ryman league. Charging kids a quid to watch that is child abuse.
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Fair assessment by JG although I find the comments about "little Charlie" and "little Ryan" a bit condescending. Both gave a good account of themselves and deserve their places more than some of the more experienced pros.
And I don't think it's being 'hypercritical' as JG put it by saying we should have won 4-0 or 5-0, we had plenty of chances. Cambridge we're pretty woeful, it was like they were in conference mode still.
TownMeadLeftover
First Team
First Team

Topics: 17

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:

I think that if you stopped football managers and players from making condescending remarks then it would be the end of interviews ......
Andrew
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought that Banya definately made the difference. He desrves a start on Saturday.
James
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 300

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Astral Voyager wrote:
backofthenet wrote:
Apparently 1252 there, 141 from Cambridge.

Remember a similar number against Dover at Town Mead and thinking that was bumper..it was then!

Very true, that.
ant
Coach
Coach

Topics: 24

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Terrible first half, much better second half.

I know the first was an own goal but it was from open play too Wink

When we moved the ball quickly we look half decent. Just do it more often. Smith could well be the key to it. I've been a critic of his thus far but when he moves the ball on quickly we look dangerous.

We have pace in our side - lets try and use it a bit more.

MOM - close call between Harrold and Banya for me
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems like I was the only one who was reasonably impressed, all things concerned with the majority of the match last night.

We definitely tried to play football more than, in any other home game this season. The opposition obviously has to be considered in this.

We never looked in danger, in my opinion.

The confusing thing was a few voices in the east stand, who were demanding that the team get the ball forward. Didn't we want to try and pass it last week?

Why did Mitchell Rose go off? Anyone know? Thought he did quite well, for his first start.

Last edited by Thomasfrances1 on Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to assume Rose went off with Saturday in mind. He looked ok in the first half. If Simpson Henderson, Bawling and Edwards are out or in doubt Rose will have to paly some part.
notso
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 208

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rubbish first half, better 2nd half. In the end it should have been 4/5-0 but for rubbish finishing.

My main complaint? People moaning about away support, yet the home support for this cheap fixture only draws in 1200. Ridiculous.

Leacock my MOM. Very solid all match.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: