CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

MK Dons matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is rubbish we have every rights to question the performance of the team , how they are coached , the style of play. It doesn't matter how much your obsessed with money coming in the team still needs to show some footballing intent. The home performances this year have been terrible.

It doesn't matter if our budget is 750k 1 m or 2 m on the team, this rubbish we have been served this season isn't justifiable. I am not even necessarily talking results. Just the way we play, trying to shoot on goal and pass the ball.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BucksIsOurs. wrote:
Evening gents. Don't be too disheartened by us beating you, hey, you did better than the other Red Devils Wink. On a serious note, without sounding arrogant, we're looking pretty formidable right now, 4 clean sheets in a row against Chesterfield, Coventry City, Manchester United and yourselves and we've scored 16 goals in 7 matches. It will be tough for a lot of teams to get anything out of us at the moment, especially at home.

A funny game, with McFadzean, a former Crawley player getting sent off and McLeod, a former MK player missing a penalty.

Think we deserved that, the stats suggest we just about edged it and in the first 20 minutes, we should have been 3 or 4 up. The penalty had a big impact, score that and we'd of been lucky to come out with a point, but as it was, Martin who is on fire saves the penalty, we defend fantastically to stop you getting the equaliser and then nick the goal that seals the win right at the end through Afobe who is also on fire. Great tactical performance.

Good luck for the rest of the season, reckon you will be mid table looking at your squad and today's performance (you look like a good team, just without any real threat up front, similar to us last season).

Are you "ScumArmy" on another forum?

Anyway - back to the game. We were very lethargic in the first half hour and could have been 3 or 4 down.

We slowly got into the game though and had we a Deli Alli type player in midfield we'd be a far more incisive team. We are just a bit too slow/predictable going forward, although when we speed it up we can be difficult to contain.
The main issue for me at the moment is Tomlin. He just isn't seemingly willing to get stuck in, which for a player of his L1 experience isn't good enough.

At least though we seemed to retain the best centre half!

After what I consider to be one of the hardest starts though 6 points isn't too bad.
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't let the reality of our finances get in the way of your moaning...run along and find either:

A) a club with a multi million pound budget that you wish to support
Or
B) a multi millionaire who is willing to put many millions per year into CTFC

But no doubt you will carry on as you are.....c'est la vie
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley69 wrote:
That is rubbish we have every rights to question the performance of the team , how they are coached , the style of play. It doesn't matter how much your obsessed with money coming in the team still needs to show some footballing intent. The home performances this year have been terrible.

It doesn't matter if our budget is 750k 1 m or 2 m on the team, this rubbish we have been served this season isn't justifiable. I am not even necessarily talking results. Just the way we play, trying to shoot on goal and pass the ball.

I was trying to explain why last season's team was dismantled, as you put it.

We couldn't afford to continue with a wage bill of that size.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I was trying to explain why last season's team was dismantled, as you put it.

We couldn't afford to continue with a wage bill of that size.

I wouldn't bother pandering to his WUM ego. He obviously hasn't watched us in our last 3 games which have been tough away games. For 2 of them we've been more than competitive and the 3rd the exertions of the other 2 was probably a factor in the slow start.

Considering how we've had to cut our cloth I think the team is doing very well.
I can't see us finishing in the bottom 4, provided we remember to SHOOT
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustrating really.

First half we were outplayed, they had all the shots, and I can't recall us troubling the keeper at all. Even so some comic on the club twitter feed managed to say we ended the half on top. Whoever it was should have been a politician or spin doctor.

Second half we competed a bit better and had a good 15 mins but didn't take the chances when they came. In the end they hit the post and it was no real surprise when they put the second in after we gave the ball away needlessly.

A pretty poor display overall but nevertheless we could have come out of that with a point.

There were too many areas where we just don't really have the quality. Too many extra touches to control the ball before getting a shot in. O'Connor struggled to get in the game, Tomlin again a complete passenger etc.

On the positive side, izale put in his usual shift with little or no support, Harrold looked promising when he came on and it was the best I have seen Henderson play.

All we can do is persevere and hope our luck changes.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

JG on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2436133
Gavin Tomlin on BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2436134
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_ubbPcRFos
Gavin Tomlin interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tB2CDOgBUFo
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have had a very hard start of the season, hopefully a couple of easier home games to come.
Jim Baker
Coach
Coach

Topics: 59

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't go today but....

Simon, according to the radio O'Connor did really well. What makes you say he struggled? Genuine question.

It is not a disgrace to miss a penalty. The very best have missed them. League 1 players will as well.

It is not terrible to to concede a goal when throwing every one forward to equalise. Gawd sake, it happens.

Having said all that we need to start putting the ball into the opposition's net.

Jim Baker
Crawley Dan
Coach
Coach

Topics: 179

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was Pathetic. No effort, passion or commitment shown at all. 4 losses in a row and 2 goals scored in the process (1 was an own goal). We are having to carry too many players, ones that are not league 1 level at the moment IMO - Bawling, O'Connor, Lewis Young, Connor henderson.

Gregory has to improve this team. He recruited and put together that shower of *beep* we saw earlier, its upto him to start getting us some results.
guildford roader
First Team
First Team

Topics: 11

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 6:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We really need an attacking midfielder who can fill the slot between Izale and Henderson. I wouldn't play someone alongside Izale if it's of the quality of Tomlin, Young etc. I'd play a 5 man midfield. I thought we had a better shape to midfield when O'Connor came on - I like him as he makes good use of the ball. For all the negativity, I was only really disappointed in the performances of Tomlin, Gwion, Izale and Bobson - but they are our main attacking options so no surprise then that we didn't score. Harrold made a good impression - showed some good quality touches. If JG can't add to the squad he is going to have to be very clear on how he makes best use of the resources at his disposal. That's 4-5-1 for me with the hope of a few 1-0 wins.
Simon
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:

Simon, according to the radio O'Connor did really well. What makes you say he struggled? Genuine question.

Jim Baker

I wouldn't fault his work rate but needed an extra touch each time to control it.

Particularly second half when the ball broke to the edge of the box, it needed hitting first time but once he had taken the extra touch the defence had closed it down.

I would see him as an honest pro, but I wonder what he really brings. Not a defensive player (like Bulman) and not creative either.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"If it was purely on performances we'd be top of the league,we'd be clear by now,almost into the championship because some of our performances have been excellent."

Now that statement is worrying.
It's reminiscent of the statements "Chemical Ali"used to make When the Iraqi army was being beaten in every area of the battlefield.
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jim Baker wrote:

Jim Baker

Excellent crosser, just struggles in the tackle and gets caught in possession.

He's still learning though and hopefully we'll see him get better in the coming weeks along with the other younger players.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many games had we gone without a win when Barker received his marching orders?
NB I'm not suggesting anything here,far from it....just wondered what the stat was.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: