CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Bradford City matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thomasfrances1
Youth team
Youth team

Topics: 2

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it strange that Mitchell Rose hasn't been given a go, in midfield.

The problems are there for us all to see, so surely it'd would have been worth bringing him on tonight. Strange loan signing, if he's never going to feature.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be fair Bawling and Banya put a shift in when they're on. They don't have a lot of technique in their play but they work hard. Tomlin barley moves and looks uninterested. Smith should be better not sure he has the mobility to play in an out numbered midfield.

Henderson needs to shape up quickly. His dead ball crosses and corners are very good. His passing in general play is very inaccurate but tackling and defence well it looks like he just doesn't do it.

To think we sold Drurry and replaced him with Henderson

At one point he had the world at his feet literally coming through at Arsenal but he is running out of chances. If he carries on playing like he is there won't be many places to go at the end of the season.

I have some sympathy in so far he could never imagined he was joining a team that plays the way we do but even within the confines of the boot it upfield game we play he has been lacking in some fundamental areas. Embarassed Embarassed
Bianchiboy
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 16

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to hope that Bradford are one of the better teams in this league after that performance?
I fear a long season awaits us, but that is the reality of being a small club in a big league, our rapid progress was always going to catch up with us eventually.
If we can stay up it will be a job well done, anymore than that will be a bonus.
jules59
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 1

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awful evening.We have no holding midfielder.Hard to pick out anyone who came out of the game with much credit.
Edwards should have stayed on,i just hope this is a blip,we can't afford to put up with the rubbish served up tonight.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jules59 wrote:
Awful evening.We have no holding midfielder.Hard to pick out anyone who came out of the game with much credit.
Edwards should have stayed on,i just hope this is a blip,we can't afford to put up with the rubbish served up tonight.
get used to it wont get lucky playimg ten men often and cant do much better than stick.players behind ball play it long and on break weve.no.qualitu
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction:

JG talking to BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2407531
Bobson Bawling talking to BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2407524
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kuf20vy_fg
Bobson Bawling interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxUo74YjkkE
mickf
Coach
Coach

Topics: 49

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is also a worry is that we do not seem to have the wit to change during the game.
I lost count after about 5000 long balls aimed up to McCleod and I dont think he managed to get his head on one, not a real criticism of him as we should be playing the ball through for him on the ground but it seems to be a team tactic to lump it long and aimlessly?
We try a few passes across the back line and you get excited that we are trying to build an attack but then they seem to lose the will and lump it forward again. Mind our midfield are not exactly screaming for the ball from the defence?
I wont even mention the fact we are still bringing all 11 back for corners even when 3-1 down, and it is so crowded (just with Crawley players) in the 6 yard box that the Beast struggles to get to the ball.
Having said all that the last two crowds have been pathetic after a decent battling performance last Tuesday (which seems like a long time ago now!)
Alex BH
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 54

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with regards to bring all players back for corners is too negative, especially when 3-1 down when we need to gamble.

The good thing is that we have time on our side, we're only 3 games into the league season and the transfer window is still open.

Hopefully the more the players play together the better they become.
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was slated a little for my comments regarding the low crowd against Swindon.Im thick skinned,I'll live.
I feel compelled to raise the issue again tonight.
People can make excuses about August traditionally being poor for crowds,and I agree......but didn't we average about 3500 last year?
I know figures can be swayed over a season due to differing away followings,but after two games we have had about 5000 through the turnstiles.
My basic mathematical skills suggest we are 1000 down (per game) on average.
Any particular reason for this?
Hopefully it won't be suggested that they are all in Spain,because they're not.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Some post-match reaction:

JG talking to BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2407531
Bobson Bawling talking to BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2407524
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kuf20vy_fg
Bobson Bawling interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxUo74YjkkE
genius was honest to admit his sub mistakes
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poor value for money its costly watching poor quality and Bradford are bori.g poor side wont attract floaters
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:
I was slated a little for my comments regarding the low crowd against Swindon.Im thick skinned,I'll live.
I feel compelled to raise the issue again tonight.
People can make excuses about August traditionally being poor for crowds,and I agree......but didn't we average about 3500 last year?
I know figures can be swayed over a season due to differing away followings,but after two games we have had about 5000 through the turnstiles.

Pretty much spot on. Really poor turnout.

The sad thing is that we didn't do enough to encourage people to come back.

After all the negative football of last season, what do we offer.....2 goals in 3 games and one effort on target tonight. Not exactly entertainment.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Armchairfan wrote:

Compared to the first two home games last season we are about 500 home supporters down per game. I posted this on FB in reply to someone asking about the crowd...

'It appears the wholesale changes have had an affect on the crowd. Some people have clearly lost their attachment to the team that they had and have voted with their feet.'
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deservedly beaten, but we're still 7th! (above SUFC, Doncaster, Preston, Orient amongst others)

JG can only retain/bring in the players he has the budget for.

They're young mostly and still have a lot to learn but they need our support.

Swinedon didn't have the experience/luck/guile to get past us - but Bradford did.

Well done to them and their support.

I think there will prove to be at least 4 worse teams than us.

Having said all the above, our lack of home support is embarrassing - summer holidays or not.

R,R&R and C69 - STFU or offer unconditional support.

See you both at SUFC & Norwich? Evil or Very Mad
Armchairfan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 63

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peter wrote:
Armchairfan wrote:

Compared to the first two home games last season we are about 500 home supporters down per game. I posted this on FB in reply to someone asking about the crowd...

'It appears the wholesale changes have had an affect on the crowd. Some people have clearly lost their attachment to the team that they had and have voted with their feet.'

First of all,thank you for a more accurate assessment of the crowd figures.
What I would say to that is.....we are in serious trouble.
The suggestion that circa 500 fans have decided to vote with their feet,before a ball is kicked is a real kick in the teeth to the board and the club in general.
The stay aways don't surprise me though...most have a very short affinity with the club.
I've said for a long time,and I'm not alone in my thinking,look after your bread and butter.The club has failed on this with many highly documented situations.
With poor results,the figure will drop further until you're left with what,the average Conference core plus a few hundred extras who really do want to be a part of the club.
Football fans in general are fickle,that's a given,but ours are traditionally somewhere near the top of that league.
Even this very fine forum is a good example.Have a look through the member list and see some of the old log in names on there.
I suspect there are only a few dozen regular contributors on here these days.
Sorry for my doom and gloom,it's just I've been dreading the day we start our backwards slide.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: