CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Barnsley matchday thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wodin
First Team
First Team

Topics: 53

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing love the Walsh comment Laughing
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

Topics: 195

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clean sheet is a huge positive as well.
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought JG sounded a bit flat in his post match interview considering the win Maybe he was just knackered.
Red, Red & Red
Manager
Manager

Topics: 379

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

positive start lets keep it going tues and lets all get behind team.regardless of score throughout game. encouraged by result. We are goung.up Wink
Crawley69
Coach
Coach

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I reckon JG was over come with relief today. Fair play to the bloke he has done bloody well to get a win there with our team.
David R
First Team
First Team

Topics: 33

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy with that, perfect start. You Reds.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cracking result. Great start to the season. Will silence a few of the moaners, for a while at least.
compsdakeeper
Squad member
Squad member

Topics: 15

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great result.

The game itself was pretty dull. IMO a draw would have been fair, but I will happily accept the win. We were very direct, lumping the ball up field for Mcleod to chase, which he did amd worked hard. We looked solid at the back which was pleasing, Jenson looked a great addition to the squad and the club as a whole. Shaking hands with supporters at the end was a nice touch.

I predicted we'd go down, haven't seen much to change my mind, but haven't seen anything to say it's a dead cert. Beyond our first 11 we have very little, which could be our downfall.
Peter

Topics: 1558

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some post-match reaction.

JG talking to BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2384444
Izale McLeod talking to BBC Surrey - https://audioboo.fm/boos/2384451
JG interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owd02zSXHn8
Izale McLeod interview on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPvC9mObEto
Cakeburner
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 692

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont want to sound too positive here but without Simpson in the 2nd half i thought it looked like the Teams that will finish 23rd and 24th this season, cant moan about 3 points, but that was dire.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I listened to it on the radio and it sounded very much like the midfield was over run just as we were in the Chelsea friendly.We clearly have work to do in this area but it is only the first match so can hopefully improve sooner rather then later.
The defence sounded ok and we have a very very good keeper who will talk to his defenders and give them confidence.
Our strikeforce will score goals so no need to worry there.We should be worried by Lewis Young though.He struggled in pre season and had a poor game against Barnsley.I want him to start on Tuesday against Ipswich so we can have another look at him.
Overall a good 3 points away from home so no moaning from me (plenty of games left for that).
BFCJay
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the win. Not a lot between us, we both looked like teams filled with new signings that were still trying to form an understanding and any kind of cohesion, which is exactly what we were.

Our player headed his chance up and over the bar, your lad headed it down and in to the goal and that was the difference.

Scrappy first half, but in the second we looked to take the game to you, as we should being the home side, while you were content on soaking up the pressure and hitting us on the break, which did result in you creating chances. Your game plan worked perfectly, it was well executed, apart from the header you limited us to half chances and scored the goal from a set piece. There may not have been much quality on show from either side, but is was a perfect away performance. I saw much worse teams in the Championship last season, including us, than Crawley.

Can't say that I was impressed with the sending off, but who is when one of your own is shown a red card. Jennings was angered by the tackle, it was a poor one, but he didn't strike out, he squared up and gave a bit of a push. That's usually a yellow card at worst, famous premier league players get away with that sort of thing without even a ticking off. Very harsh in my opinion.

Hope those that made the journey enjoyed it. Best of luck for the rest of the season.
oldcodger
Subs bench
Subs bench

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BFCJay wrote:
Congratulations on the win. Not a lot between us, we both looked like teams filled with new signings that were still trying to form an understanding and any kind of cohesion, which is exactly what we were.

Our player headed his chance up and over the bar, your lad headed it down and in to the goal and that was the difference.

Scrappy first half, but in the second we looked to take the game to you, as we should being the home side, while you were content on soaking up the pressure and hitting us on the break, which did result in you creating chances. Your game plan worked perfectly, it was well executed, apart from the header you limited us to half chances and scored the goal from a set piece. There may not have been much quality on show from either side, but is was a perfect away performance. I saw much worse teams in the Championship last season, including us, than Crawley.

Can't say that I was impressed with the sending off, but who is when one of your own is shown a red card. Jennings was angered by the tackle, it was a poor one, but he didn't strike out, he squared up and gave a bit of a push. That's usually a yellow card at worst, famous premier league players get away with that sort of thing without even a ticking off. Very harsh in my opinion.

Hope those that made the journey enjoyed it. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

How refreshing to get an intelligent, fair and unbiased post from an apposing supporter. A agree with all comments made, including wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of the season. I think we both will need it.
far2jammy
First Team
First Team

Topics: 26

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everyone comments sounds like we are missing Bulman in the midfield
BFCJay
Trainee
Trainee

Topics: 0

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oldcodger wrote:
How refreshing to get an intelligent, fair and unbiased post from an apposing supporter. A agree with all comments made, including wishing you all the best of luck for the rest of the season. I think we both will need it.

I think you might do better than a lot of you are predicting. Neither side showed much creativity yesterday, but I put that down to the number of new signings on show as much as anything else. Maybe neither of us will ever set the division alight, but even in the first game of the season you already looked to have a solid defensive unit.

I can see you picking up a lot of draws on the road and, like yesterday, nicking a few victories. It may not be the best football in the world to watch, but away from home it's all about the result. There were a number of teams that visited Oakwell last season that weren't as well organised as you. The best players don't always produce the best team. A good manager and coaches can produce a team that is very difficult to break down, even without the individual talent.

I guess you'll have a much better idea of the creativity in the side after a few home games.

As far as Barnsley are concerned I have no idea ho we'll fare, but I'm going to leave it a couple of months before I make a judgement. I'm not getting all depressed because we lost to what was obviously a well organised side who I believe will repeat that kind of performance and result on a number of away trips this season.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: