CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index
CTFC.net on Facebook CTFC.net on Twitter CTFC.net photos
 CalendarCalendar   FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   
ProfileProfile   Log inLog in   

Crawley links: CTFC.net | Official site | Reds Player | CTFC YouTube | Club shop | Ticket sales | Supporters Alliance | GH Coaches | Broadfield Stadium | CTFC.net's Gallery | CTFC History | General links: Crawley Observer | Crawley News | The Argus | Ross Mitchell Photography | Football League 2 | BBCi League 2 pages | BBC Sussex | BBC Radio Sussex | BBC Radio Surrey | The Football League Paper | Football Web Pages | Football Ground Guide | Oddschecker |

Eastleigh friendly
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crawley Dan wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
David R wrote:
To some nasty anti CTFC bashing, too small for league one etc.

We are tinpot, and if they are saying 'too small for league one' then they are only telling the truth. There are plenty of things to back that up. For a start, worst away support in league 1 last season, fifth worst (i think) in the whole football league. Home crowds of about 2800, for league one, is embarrassing.

Come on Dan behave.We certainly deserve our league one status

Never said we didn't, I simply was stating facts. We are the smallest club in the league, and that will continue to be the case for some time IMO. I don't care what others think about us, I was simply saying that we are IMO too small for this league. If we were the size of most of the teams in this league, we would think we are too small. However I am more than happy to see us over achieve season after season if it means staying in this league, as it's a great league to be a part of.

I'd certainly say Fleetwood are smaller than us.
lee 66
Coach
Coach

Topics: 104

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warren wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
David R wrote:

We are tinpot, and if they are saying 'too small for league one' then they are only telling the truth. There are plenty of things to back that up. For a start, worst away support in league 1 last season, fifth worst (i think) in the whole football league. Home crowds of about 2800, for league one, is embarrassing.

Never said we didn't, I simply was stating facts. We are the smallest club in the league, and that will continue to be the case for some time IMO. I don't care what others think about us, I was simply saying that we are IMO too small for this league. If we were the size of most of the teams in this league, we would think we are too small. However I am more than happy to see us over achieve season after season if it means staying in this league, as it's a great league to be a part of.

One mans winkle will be smaller then another mans winkle.It doesn't stop either trying to pull the best looking bird in the disco does it.
Crawley has a small winkle in league terms.It won't stop us competing with the leagues bigger winkles and bringing them down in size will it.
Wink
In other words there's more to it then just the size of ones winkle.
Astral Voyager
Coach
Coach

Topics: 111

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lee 66 wrote:
Warren wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
lee 66 wrote:
Crawley Dan wrote:
David R wrote:

One mans winkle will be smaller then another mans winkle.It doesn't stop either trying to pull the best looking bird in the disco does it.
Crawley has a small winkle in league terms.It won't stop us competing with the leagues bigger winkles and bringing them down in size will it.
Wink
In other words there's more to it then just the size of ones winkle.

Bet Bobson has no such problems bigwave
Paulc222
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 103

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's about how you use it too Smile
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
The only issue I do take up is Dunford interview saying the Drurry and Mcfaz sales and their wages would be reinvested in the squad. I just don't see the players we have signed subsequently account for the half million plus there wages and transfer fees freed up.

For once in a long time I agree with you here. I remember MD giving that interview. I would love to know what he really meant as I can't recall any signings that would remotely account for their fees and wages.

MAYBE it's going to be re-invested in the squad... in such a manner that the owners no longer need to plough 30k a week of their own money in Idea
backofthenet
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 421

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

David R wrote:
I just dont equate being a small club to being 'Tinpot', not even sure what 'Tinpot' means.

Here are some definitions -

http://www.urbandictionary.com.....erm=Tinpot

I think most clubs in L1 & 2 could fit some of those.
Simon
Manager
Manager

Topics: 380

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:
The only issue I do take up is Dunford interview saying the Drurry and Mcfaz sales and their wages would be reinvested in the squad. I just don't see the players we have signed subsequently account for the half million plus there wages and transfer fees freed up.

For once in a long time I agree with you here. I remember MD giving that interview. I would love to know what he really meant as I can't recall any signings that would remotely account for their fees and wages.

MAYBE it's going to be re-invested in the squad... in such a manner that the owners no longer need to plough 30k a week of their own money in Idea

I don't have a problem with that Ian, I have always advocated the club lives within its means even if it is at a lower level than it is now.

However I do believe the club should be open and honest with its communications. The interview with MD on Youtube is very specific - says it WILL be re-invested not in MAYBE re-invested.
Ian
Director of Football
Director of Football

Topics: 214

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simon wrote:
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

I don't have a problem with that Ian, I have always advocated the club lives within its means even if it is at a lower level than it is now.

However I do believe the club should be open and honest with its communications. The interview with MD on Youtube is very specific - says it WILL be re-invested not in MAYBE re-invested.

My point was that it is being reinvested, but MAYBE it's re-investment replaces some or all of the additional funding rather than being in addition to it.
Warren
Coach
Coach

Topics: 299

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Highlights from the game here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yAqyvjBg8ZE
NorthgateRed
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Topics: 70

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
Ian wrote:
Simon wrote:
Crawley69 wrote:

My point was that it is being reinvested, but MAYBE it's re-investment replaces some or all of the additional funding rather than being in addition to it.

I'm sure the refurbished pitch cost quite a bit. Probably where some of the money went.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Post new topic   Reply to topic   printer-friendly view    CTFC.net Fans Forum -> Forum Index -> Talk football All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: